• This topic has 64 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Blur 4x- anyone spotted one for sale anywhere?!
  • hora
    Free Member

I might even offer a finders reward! 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Why not just find a black person riding one and take it off him? 😛

hora
    Free Member

🙄

I_Ache
    Free Member

I thought the 5 was a keeper?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A guy called Hot_Rod was selling one on SDH a few weeks ago, it looks a nice one but not exactly cheap.

As for the reward please make the cheque payable to…. 😀

hora
    Free Member

Andy M – Member

I thought the 5 was a keeper?

Ultimately no. I would even consider a px (NOT a straight swap).

hora
    Free Member

Ps- its sold 🙁

tails
    Free Member
    schrickvr6
    Free Member

That's a bargain! 🙄

Shandy
    Free Member

That is possibly the most overpriced second hand bike I have ever seen.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I'd sell mine. For a million pounds.

Believe the hype – they're awesome bikes!

jfeb
    Free Member

Can I claim my reward 😉

Here

It is a Medium.

Been for sale for a few months so probably ripe for a deal too!

snowslave

Got to ask, how long do you on average keep a bike for hora?

jfeb
    Free Member

By the way, the one I linked to is 1 yr old apart from wheels which are brand new. 3 month warranty. (I asked the LBS about it about a month ago). Seems like a bloody bargain to me.

MrSmith
    Free Member

for as long as his OCD and aspergers syndrome will let him

hora
    Free Member

Jfeb, Ive been stalking that- they wouldnt sell as a frame only and it eventually sold yesterday 🙁

snowslave- yes definitely. I had a Blur 4x from new for 14months. I decided a change for changes sake was necessary earlier this year. So I sold it and bought a new Chumba XCL frame for £600- sold it on here then bought this Five. I've also owned a Heckler for 18months, a Fuji commuter for almost three years now. I tend to buy hardtails every 5secs and secondhand fullsussers ever 10secs.

jfeb
    Free Member

Damn. Wouldn't it have been worth buying as a bike and just selling the parts? They were asking for less for the whole bike than I paid for my frame. Oh well. Too late now. Bummer.

Is it a Medium you are after?

hora
    Free Member

I didnt think the bits would be worth that much though versus the hassle of selling off/adding postage on. I'd still end up paying 700 for a used 08 frame which isnt worth it.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Hora, if I remember rightly there has been a couple of Blur 4x on the classifieds over recent weeks and you even posted on the threads!!! Why did you not buy them then, or was your Five the best bike ever at that moment in time? 🙄

hora
    Free Member

oop north I posted on them threads as I was yearning 🙁

I even posted on one that offering less than £400 was insulting for the frame in question 🙂

tails
    Free Member

that green one is nice shame its gone, yeah there was an orange one on classifieds. Don't morewood make a similar bike.

hora
    Free Member

there was an orange one on classifieds

Thats the one in Aberdeen- now gone. One will come through in the nearish future I guess. Just patience. I'll continue riding the Five for now 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

Strikes me your wanting to pay hardly owt for that frame you so love. If its that good and you really want it then be prepared to pay what the seller wants, within reason of course.
    I have seen you on a few bikes now (Blazing Saddles rider) and don`t think you will ever be happy! 😆

hora
    Free Member

I'll pay half the retail cost of the frame (1099). No more if its one year old. If its older- less.

Aye- Ive had a fair few but then rather bikes than cars. Cars cost a bloody lot more!

tails
    Free Member

give him some credit he keeps his bike alot longer than ton. I can'y understand how you feel at home on a bike when swapping so often but I do like seeing all these new bikes.

hora
    Free Member

but I do like seeing all these new bikes.

Agree. I love new bikes. Pity ton is bigger than me though- hes a bloody giant FFS.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I think its Hora and Ton keeping the bike industry going through these hard times!!! 😆

hora
    Free Member

HardTimes- Anyone remember that club? Iconic hard house etc throughout the 90's.

jfeb
    Free Member

Hora – Mine cost me over £1200 with an RP23 shock from memory 14 months ago, if that makes the cost of one second hand any more palatable 🙂

Given they are now hard to get hold of, I reckon the newest 2nd hand ones ie 2008 might be worth more than 50% of their new cost. But then I am biased. £550 certainly wouldn't be enough to get mine off me and mine is barely used (damn those family commitments)

hora
    Free Member

My 08 RP23 anodised silver one was £1199. It was 1099 with the standard R shock and powdercoat!

jfeb
    Free Member

Just checked. Mine was £1,152 (hearing-aid-beige paint + RP23)

hora
    Free Member

Stop hogging it. Its rude and unfair jfeb 🙁

heihei

Hora – Cycle Surgery in Spitalfields (E London) has a silver ano medium frame hanging up. Brand new and they want £707 for it.

hora
    Free Member

Thank you for the heads up, I called- Its gone 🙁

heihei

You sure?? I was in there at 1pm today, and I reckon it's been there for over a year. I can't believe it's disappeared in the 8hrs since I was in there!

hora
    Free Member

Gawling, I spoke to the manager Sim? Double-checked (its on a transfer/sold).

hora
    Free Member

heihei, I would just like to say I love you man. For the record I offered heihei a reward, he kindly turned it down. 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

So when you sell it in 12 months you'll advertise it for £353.50, right?

hora
    Free Member

LOl, yes 🙂 I didnt see heihei's post until I got home at 7.30 that evening- I was trying to get his post pulled and I emailed him saying stop replying/say its gone! (incase someone else was after one as well)

ddmonkey

So Hora – does that mean you are back in the Blur 4x club?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Blur 4x- anyone spotted one for sale anywhere?!’ is closed to new replies.