Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • blumming CRC – brake issue (SLX)
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

just got a pair of SLX brakes in the post, for £130. crc now saying that the product code is now unavailable, so don't have the page for them.

anyway, planned to fit them as i'm doing devils staircase etc tomorrow, and my current brakes are gash. opened the SLXs, to find that the levers are the opposite way round (LH front, RH rear) – nothing at all mentioned on the CRC site when i bought them.

can i swap the levers round, without having to buy new olives etc – obviously impossible before tomorrow morning.
    alternatively, i guess i could just run the levers upside down for tomorrow…

grrrr…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Just swap them over. If you're careful, you won't even need to bleed them. Definitely don't need olives, etc.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

aye, i knoew i'll have to swap them 🙁
    would have been nice to have been told, i'd not have been bothered about spending an extra £4 on them at the time.

definitely won't need new olives etc though? and how will i get the barb out of the hose, if i want to shorten them ?

trail_rat
    Free Member

dont bother shortening them if you want to ride tomorrow

remove pads , squeeze lever out to push pistons out about half way.

leave top cap in place

remove hoses swap over – tighten them up

remove top cap

push pistons back

air will escape – top up the reservoir

coil up excess hose zip tie – go ride

buy new barbs and olives and shorten at later date

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

to stuff terry 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

i assume it worked for you 😉

its hella easy to push the pistons too far – was expecting a reply along the lines of "you **** i have broken them now need to bleed them "

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘blumming CRC – brake issue (SLX)’ is closed to new replies.