Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Blummin' Smoking!
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Right, stopped from 15ish a day 3 years ago to ride bikes and that.

Stopped for 2 years.

Now have a pack of baccy knockin about for exactly tonight; Bevarage, smoke.

Quite enjoy it. Know I shouldn’t.

Is it a case of “i’ll stop eventually” “i enjoy it so why not” or ” MTFU put it in the bin and deal with it”.

Standard smokers guilt innit.

falkirk-mark

Bin it or you will only start again.

nealglover
    Free Member

I know a couple of people who manage to only smoke on designated days and never at any other time.

But they are the rarity.

Most people who try it end up back on it full time.

Personally I couldn’t do it. So I stopped totally (3 years 8 months !)

dribbling
    Free Member

Please don’t.

yunki
    Free Member

I can’t be a casual smoker.. it’s all or nothing for me, so I choose nothing

crikey
    Free Member

Go on, have a fag!

I smoked for 10 years, gave up for 10, smoked for 4 years, gave up.

Still dream about cigs…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Haven’t had a cigarette-out-a-box since i stopped but rolling tobacco still gets me.

Supper skinny rolly with menthol filters in silver papers with a nice big vodka.

aaaaaaaaah.

Old habits & that.

CountZero

My best mate used to smoke Gauloises, and one day, about ten, twelve years ago, decided he’d give them up. Put the half-empty pack in a drawer, just in case.
    AFAIK, they’re still there, untouched.
    All it takes is will-power, so MTFU!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Thanks Count.

*has one anyway.*

Feels bad.

heckler73
    Free Member

have a mate on 60 a day who cant shake it, another tried gum, patches, hypnosis, no luck , my old man smoked since he was 9,50 years smoker, stopped within 2,3 weeks,willpower, wished hed stopped years ago,loves riding the bikes now, me never smoked my whole life, tried once when drunk, hate it with a vengeance……………

Haze

Do yourself a favour and bin it.

You’ll look back and wonder what took you so long…

CaptainSlow

Once you’ve made the decision to stop you won’t need to mtfu or use will power. The challenge is making the decision to stop, it is then just a case of not going back on that decision. Ever. If you do it right, you won’t miss it – quite the opposite.

Find the method that works for you – hypnotherapy, nrt, mtfu or Allan Carr..or a variation of them all.

You are the only person responsible for your smoking and it is entirely within your control as to whether you do it or not.

foureyes
    Free Member

what?! bin it duh

MrNutt
    Free Member

Anyone tried those electric smokes?

nealglover
    Free Member

Anyone tried those electric smokes?

Yes that’s what I used, and never missed cigarettes at all, from Day 1.

Still have it now, but with zero nicotine juice and Extra Strong Mint flavour.

So it’s just flavoured water vapour.

MrNutt
    Free Member

What make is it? I’m trying to start.

Keva
    Free Member

I smoke two or three a day. When i go to the pub I don’t smoke as I can’t be arsed with going outside and being unsociable. Sometimes I go three or more days without smoking at all but weirdly I’ve never even thought about giving up completely.

nealglover
    Free Member

What make is it? I’m trying to start.

I get all my stuff from cloud9vaping (eGo batteries, 510LR cartomisers)

And juice from Decadent Vapours.

Gweilo
    Free Member

I stopped for 9 years, went to Cuba and was given an excellent cigar -Cohiba Esplendido – so I smoked it. Later given a box of 25 to take home by the same person. Took me 18 months to smoke them… now I’m back on the nicotine addiction.

Bin your baccy…. says the hypocrite!

nealglover
    Free Member

Cohiba Esplendido’s are bloody expensive, but at the rate you get through them it’s only the equivalent of smoking 3 or 4 cigarettes a day in cash terms. I would stick with the cigars !

(£40 a pop hurts a bit though !)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Blummin' Smoking!’ is closed to new replies.