Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Blummin' eBay! (Experienced sellers, please advise)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I haven’t sold anything on there in years. But impending holiday and need to de-clutter (before cluttering back up again with baby stuff), has necessitated a clear-out. Five items went on today. They are mostly Thule foot packs, bars etc that always seem to fetch a good price.

I assume the “Would you sell now?” message that I’ve received within half an hour of the listing starting, is pretty standard stuff and I should reply saying “No thanks”? FWIW, the person that’s asked has lots of positive feedback and is UK based (according to his profile anyway).

Junkyard
    Free Member

Use paypal gift 😉

stufield
    Free Member

have they offered a price that you would be happy with? if you said for example i hope to get £20 and they’ve offered £22 or more why not take it? If its well below what you expect to get let it run its course

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lazarus, just die again for a bit. 😛

stufield, I’m just going to ask him for an offer anyway. He’s only asked whether I’ll complete now or not.

ratherbeintobago

have they offered a price that you would be happy with? if you said for example i hope to get £20 and they’ve offered £22 or more why not take it?

Because technically this is in breach of eBay’s T&Cs and might theoretically attract a light tap from their ban hammer (not least because this way, they don’t get their cut, which they can’t then fail to pay any UK tax on)

Whether anyone’s ever actually been banned for this is another matter entirely…

dannybgoode

If I get such offers and they are for the price I want I relist as a buy it now and let the potential suitor buy that way.

ebay don’t get hacked off and both buyer and seller get standard ebay protection.

Cheers

Danny B

geoffj

I ask for payment by pp gift for how much I think it will go for. Once the payments been made, I cancel the auction.
    You soon find out how serious they are with this approach 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seeryuss bizniss geoffers! Ok, I’ll play hardball with him. He’s come back and asked [tyrekicker]what price I have in mind[/tyrekicker]. 🙄

geoffj

Too easy to get dicked about on the ‘bay you have to play tough with the big boyz

schrickvr6
    Free Member

[tyrekicker]what price I have in mind[/tyrekicker].

Agree a price you’re happy with and avoid the fees, if not let it run, tidy!

bearnecessities

Beware of the “make me an offer” & “what price did you have in mind” scenario IME. Both parties can get quickly tired of each others posturing.

Calculate what you want for someone to take it from you and place cash in your hand.

Then add postage and paypay fees as appropriate and tell the guy/gal!

Or risk it that it’ll raise more after ebay/paypal fees on auction.

DezB
    Free Member

If I get such offers and they are for the price I want I relist as a buy it now and let the potential suitor buy that way.

S’what I’ve done before too. Relist, send them the new item number, they buy at agreed price. You’re both covered by eBay t&cs

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Blummin' eBay! (Experienced sellers, please advise)’ is closed to new replies.