Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Bluetooth speaker bargains?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Sorry to add to the mass of gadget related threads on here at the mo, but my bluetooth speaker thingy (Damson Oyster recommended on here actually) has packed up and I need a replacement.

I use it for listening to podcasts while washing up, cooking or working in the garage.

Anyone seen any bargains kicking about? Budget flexible but under £70 or even better under £50 would be best.

TIA

🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/best-bluetooth-speaker-100ish

Some guides on this thread, dunno about £50-60 though.

Bregante

Still loving my Sony SRS X2 which I picked up for £48 on boxing day (see post linked above by essel.)

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with the August one I got from Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FBJ55DC

If only I could get it back from the ex!

mikertroid
    Free Member

I’m a fan of my Bose but you can get a JBL Flip 2 for £49.99 online .

A mate has a flip 1 and its got decent sound and is a handy size. The 2 has micro USB charging and other tweaks.

loddrik
    Free Member

Flip 2. Just bought one fur my daughter and one for the kitchen. £50 each.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great stuff, cheers all.

ampthill

Sony XR3 £70 and sounds amazing

chakaping
    Free Member

ordered the JBL flip 2

should do fine for my needs

kevj
    Free Member

I’ve got a Sony SRS X5 which is brilliant, however, the missus kept pinching it so I bought her a Veho 360 M6 for Christmas. It’s not as good (bass) as the Sony, but the sound is clear and looks the part. Nice brushed aluminium works well with the retro leather strap.

singletrackmind

I bought my ungrateful nephew an Elf BT speaker for xmas .
    was £19 from Amazon , little bugger never even opened the box so my bro powered it up and paired it to his smart phone.
    Bugger me , on a hardwood floor the sound was very , very good . 2 x 40mm speakers in a box smaller than a box of After Eight mints.
    They reckon 8hrs playback , though this is prob on 1/2 volume. Easliy enough for a garage or bedroom at home though.

Elf bt speaker

Skyliner
    Free Member

Hi guys, where did you buy the JBL flip 2 for £50? Only finding £70ish. Need to order one for sons birthday. Cheers.

gobuchul
    Free Member
    chakaping
    Free Member

Currys, but not showing up on google shopping any more

Skyliner
    Free Member

Perfect, ordered = happy son. thanks all 🙂

andysredmini
    Free Member

When riding the other day I bumped into a lad digging some new jumps in the woods. He had a jbl flip 2 and I couldn’t belive how good it sounded for its small size.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Yup just picked up my JBL Flip 2; smaller and lighter than my Bose for when I’m travelling. Nice unit! 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Got mine today, very pleased so thanks for the tip-off.

Neater, nicer made and sound seems more balanced than my old Damson.

🙂

surfer
    Free Member

I’m a fan of my Bose but you can get a JBL Flip 2 for £49.99 online

Me too but my brother has the JBL and it is excellent

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

There was a good selection of BT speakers on special in Sainsburys earlier today (Emersons Green but it looked like a standard chain-wide offer)

singletrackmind

Took a punt on a Supertooth Disco2 on sale at Maplin.
    Reduced to £25 with free delivery , alledgedly 16w although I doubt its anywhere near that.
    Will update when it appears.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Another here for Flip2 – it is fantastic for the size and price, very impressive.

I should point out that it was thanks to someone on here recommending camel camel camel that I got it for £50 – bit of patient waiting!

Listened to a few in PC World today and (albeit in not an ideal environment), the Sony SRS-X3 @ £79 sounded better than the Bose SL Mini @ £169. Couldn’t get the demo to work on the Flip 2 though

mikertroid
    Free Member

My Bose has much more punch than my Flip 2, particularly in the bass but the Flip seems to have a crisper top end and a touch more clarity overall. Both great speaker; Flip will be my standard travelling unit.

After reading a few reviews, I’m now considering the UE Boom – it’s waterproofness appeals to me for work.

However, I’ve been hanging out for one of these for a while – Goodmans Go Stream @ £69; Bluetooth, DAB radio, weatherproof, USB phone charging. The Goodmans website has been saying ‘due for release Nov 2014’ for months now, Maplins have it on their website, but always no stock, Amazon say 1-3 months delivery

rone

Not quite in the super bargain category but these Ruark mr1 are fantastic.

mr1 graded

These are apparently graded seconds but I’ve had two pair and they looked brand new. Almost proper HiFi and support better bluetooth protocols. You can get a piggy back battery too.

CaptainSlow

I picked up a sony SRS X5 for £90. Sounds excellent. Can be found in sainsburys (and now currys) for £99 at the mo

theflatboy
    Free Member

Quick PSA – there’s a Flip2 on Amazon Warehouse for £46, very good price for such a little gem! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00G34DFYK

Milkie
    Free Member

UE Boom here, very impressed with the sound quality, build quality and how loud it can go! Battery life seems to go on forever too.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

mebe not quite the sound quality you’re after, but a bargain surely?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=20157

stumpy01

People who have bought these Bluetooth speaker jobbies; do you normally use them in one location and keep them plugged into the mains? Or do you generally use them portably?

I ask because I keep looking at getting something like a Pure Jongo T2X for the bedroom at home, but that is obviously mains powered so I wouldn’t be able to take it on holiday with me etc.
    Just wondering how these perform if using them predominantly ‘plugged in’ and only using the battery occasionally when away from home?

If they work suitably well for this, it would probably be worth me spending a bit more on one of these, rather than getting the Pure mentioned above and then finding I want a second speaker for portable use……

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My Bose has much more punch than my Flip 2,

the Bose needs a little EQ – a bit of a cut in the base and a bit of a boost at the top – not a lot though. But it does have quite a ‘tuneful’ bass, which offsets the hassle of having to EQ it.

theflatboy
    Free Member

stumpy, our Flip2 is only used portably. It charges off a micro USB same as our phones, so goes with us on holidays for use in hotels, apartments, holiday cottages etc. It is fab, an impressive little device that is small enough to easily transport but a surprisingly big sound.

M6TTF
    Free Member

does the flip 2 sound noticeably better than the original one?

stumpy01

Cheers, theflatboy

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Picked up a JBL Flip 2 after tips on here. Well impressed! Thanks

Ended up buying a Sony X3 – really impressed with it. The premium for the Bose just didn’t seem worth it. A side by side shop test and the Sony blows the UE Boom away

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speaker bargains?’ is closed to new replies.