Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bluetooth speaker around £50. Ideas or recommendations.
  • rockhopper70

My daughter has just found spotify on her ipod and a speaker to play it through might be hitting her list.
    In currys today then was a huge range, most with a fairly small case.
    Has anyone got one around the £50 mark that they could direct me to narrow down the options, then go for a listen?

Cheers

redstripe
    Free Member

I got a JBL flip in currys pc world sale for £49, it’s really great

sweepy
    Free Member

I’m going against the STW norm here and not recommending what iv’e got.
    JBL flip. sounds good, initially had problems with bluetooth dropping out but thats solved itself, but poor battery life and non usb charger scupper it for me.
    The flip 2 has a usb charger but i’d be wary anyway because of the battery life.

joepose
    Free Member

londonbeatbox

scruff9252

I’ve gota bush speaker from from Argos and actually quite impressed (and surprised; I bought for a party, held onto box an receipt expecting it to be rubbish and returned)

dux
    Free Member

I got a Gear4 Street Party Go! about 6 months ago and use it quite regularly, battery life is fantastic, must have only charged it 3 or 4 times. Charges by USB an all. It doesn’t work with an Iphone 5s however (or i can’t connect it) Works great with the Ipad though which is what i intended. I think it was £50 from Tesco

rockhopper70

I hate internet browsing….that jbl pulse at tesco looks fantastic.
    But it’s £99…
    But it was £140…
    But I have boost points…..
    Aargh.

TooTall
    Free Member

Logitech Ultimate Ears Mini Boom.

I did the research, this came out very well rated and I’ve been very impressed. I’d recommend it to anyone for a portable Bluetooth speaker.

Nearly forgot. It also works VERY well as a speakerphone when you pair it with your mobile.

colp

Have a JBL flip 2 and a Gear4 Street Party Go!
    The JBL has a slightly better sound I think, a bit more bass. It feels more solid too. Battery life on the Gear4 is apprently 8 hours compared to 5 on the JBL.
    Used both as background sound in a cafe from a PC with bluetooth.
    The bluetooth range on the Gear4 seems better with a more reliable connection.
    The JBL was £49 in Currys, the Gear4 was £35 (half price) in Sainsburys.
    Both are decent but I’d choose the JBL I think.

partyboy1101
    Free Member

I can strongly recommend the Native Union Switch. Some deals at £79 at the moment and the sound is impressive for a portable speaker.

iwmunt
    Free Member

Creative D100 I love it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speaker around £50. Ideas or recommendations.’ is closed to new replies.