Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Bluetooth Speaker.
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Mrs feet has asked what I would like for my Burfdee. I quite fancy a Bluetooth Speaker to use with an android phone.
    I have looked at Bose but they seem a bit pricey. Anything better or as good. Budget of around £150.00

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers Cougar, not much in recommendations tho.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Bose all day long ..tested out a few different speakers recently and that came out on top in terms of sound quality..
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3976203
    5p under budget too 😀

jimjam
    Free Member

I couldn’t discern much difference between many of them. Some were rubbish of course but from about £60 – £200 I was at a loss. I ended up getting a JBL flip 4. You might want to consider getting two. Although portable it’s nice to have one in the shed and another in say, the shower. And your family members will steal it too.

Merak

UE Megaboom

toby1

Do you want bluetooth, i.e. portable and battery powered? In which case I tried out the Bose, but found it’s over amplification of bass annoying and went with a Cambrige Audio G2. Battery failed after 2 years and refused to charge, but within the John Lewis warranty to they exchanged without complaint. Mostly use it for travel and use when out in the garage or in the car.

Alternatively if it’s for a static locations, I much prefer the Chromecast audio, great little gadget!

Caher

Cambridge Audio 200….off eBay.

oikeith

UE Boom

batfink
    Free Member

second for the UE boom (or indeed megaboom). We have two and they are very good

Edit – third

GavinT
    Free Member

Depends what you want it for. I picked up a Hive 2 from Tescos when the price dropped to £30. I’m really impressed with it. For a small unit it delivers a very full sound. Certainly good enough for bathroom, shed duty.

FuzzyWuzzy

I swapped my UE Boom for a https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/wireless-speakers/srs-xb3 primarily as the Boom’s battery life was dire (even from new). I’m not an audiophile though so not sure how it compares to other portable Bluetooth speakers (also I paid around £90 on Amazon, not the RRP).

edit: oh and the bass feature is a bit pants, I never use it (I only use the speaker in the bathroom not as a main listening to music type speaker)

igm

Do you want splash / water proof?

That appealed with the flip.

chrisdw
    Free Member

That would get you a Minirig

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m enjoying the Anker one for £25…

ivorlott
    Free Member

I bought this one, after a recommendation on here, it’s astonishing…!

warton
    Free Member

my go to brand for these types of things is becoming Anker.

top quality kit, for a fraction of the price of the bigger brands. I have the 50 quid bluetooth speaker, and IMO it outperforms the 150 Bose equivalent. the build quality is suburb as well.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

+1 JBL Flip

Bimbler
    Free Member

JBL Charge 3, I prefer it to the Flip 4 but it’s a matter of taste. It’s bigger less portable but has a much bigger battery and more of a bass driven sound The camo special edition is on sale at JBL for £105

Bimbler
    Free Member

Should add that if you’re not bothered about portability then the Marshall Acton is great, can be had currently for under £150

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Not fussed about portability as the speaker will be in the kitchen.
    Great recommendations so far. Cheers.

RobHilton
    Free Member

The daddy: https://www.amazon.co.uk/RIVA-TURBO-Premium-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00IPSC6F6

And now at a decent price.

JBL, UE, Cambridge Audio suggestions are all very good. Bose aren’t.

igm

Kitchen = make sure it’s splash proof IMHO

ugarizza
    Free Member

Another vote for ankar. Great battery life, build quality, sound is good and it connects quickly.

dannybgoode

I tried the little Bose one and was disappointed by it.

Got a JBL Flip 4 as a freebie with my phone and am very very impressed with it.

Would happily pay for second one – as above having two is handy.

jimjam
    Free Member

dannybgoode – Member

Got a JBL Flip 4 …….. am very very impressed with it.

Would happily pay for second one – as above having two is handy.

It may not seem particularly useful but the loop/strap on the jbl is probably one of my favourite parts of it. I know some of the UE speakers have that too but I found the JBL much better than the cheap UE and as good as the £99 one.

It’s great to be able to hang it up out of harms way either in the kitchen, garage or bathroom without fear that it’ll vibrate off some shelf or other.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Audio Pro T3.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I got the ‘Jam’ something or other today, after it was recommended in another thread.
    It looks really nice and sounds really good too.
    Can’t complain for £70.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Jam heavy metal……that’s the one.

withersea
    Free Member

Choose any from the JBL range that meets your needs.

TiRed

Happy with the Bose Sound Link Mini II. Not as bass-heavy as some of their fayre. Battery lasts for ages. The charging dock is pants, and when connected to Lync on my laptop, the microphone can drop out sometimes.

On balance, I’m pleased with it, and it always goes on holiday with us. Fills a big room and I think the balance sounds fine.

scrumfled
    Free Member

I’ve got a psyc monic. Cheap as chips and to be honest I couldnt tell the difference from my mates bose.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ue boom. Awesome. Kids have the roll too.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Listened to loads (all the ones mentioned above), minirig is my fav, battery life is amazing…. and they are made in Bristol!

Paired mine up with one of their subs, love it

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth Speaker.’ is closed to new replies.