• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by M6TTF.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Bluetooth speaker
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a small Bluetooth speaker please. Son has a kitsound hive and likely I’ll buy one of them but any other options?

It’s just for taking on holiday so something small and cheap. Thanks.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I have the kitsound Hive.I’ve been very happy with mine.It cost approximately £30 in the sales a couple of years back and works well for background music.

DezB
    Free Member

SportPursuit still have the Vehos on sale, (if you’re not … afraid of the sign up…).

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve got an Ankher Classic (I think it’s called). About £22, decent enough sound and excellent battery life.

stumpy01

I’ve got an Anker A7908 speaker (edit – also known as the classic, I think, that johnners mentions above) and it’s very good for the money. I think it was £30 when I was bought it as a present, but it’s currently on sale at Amazon for £22.

20hr battery life, which seems genuine – I hardly ever have to charge it.
    Sound quality is decent & perfectly capable of enough volume for listening to around the house, out in the garden, in a holiday apartment etc…

The only thing that annoys me about it is the beep it makes when you turn it on is quite loud & you can’t stop it from doing it. But, a minor issue in the scheme of things.

Here’s a link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Microphone-Black/dp/B00GZC35YK

jp-t853

If you can live with the colour this Philips BT 100 is seriously good at £13

Here

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

The Jam touch is on offer at Tesco for £19 at the moment, perfectly decent sound, good connectivity and it even enables you to take calls on your phone if it goes off while playing. USB charge lasts well. bit light on bass but otherwise very good sound

DrP

Amazon had the JBL Flip 2 down to £40 the other day (I see it’s £50 now).
    Ruddy good – we’ve got 2 in the house, and am thoroughly impresssed..

DrP

nickc

Can you still get the JBL Flip2? seriously good bit of kit, portable, long battery, great sound, and I got mine for £50.00

johnners
    Free Member

The only thing that annoys me about it is the beep it makes when you turn it on is quite loud & you can’t stop it from doing it.

Oh Christ, yeah, how could I forget that. It can make switching it on quietly so you can drift off with a bit of sly “Late Junction” a bit problematic.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes black is fine.

loddrik
    Free Member

JBL Flip 2. Got two of them in the house now, they’re excellent.

DezB
    Free Member

Just don’t get the granade shaped one if you’re taking it on a plane!

stumpy01

Gary_M – Member

Yes black is fine.

I think he was referring to the fact that the peach version can be had for £13, whereas the rest of them are all over £22…

😆

chakaping
    Free Member

The JBL Flip 2 for £50 is still a billy bargain.

Use mine so much and I’m constantly impressed with the sound. Great build quality too.

jp-t853

stumpy01 – Member

Gary_M – Member

Yes black is fine.

I think he was referring to the fact that the peach version can be had for £13, whereas the rest of them are all over £22…

Yeah sorry I was on the peach one when I created the link I did not realise the link defaults to the black version. I see they are on Ebay at the same price but without a the £20 minimum purchase level that Amazon has for free delivery.

Gunz
    Free Member

JBL Flip2 here and very happy. The fact that such a little thing can provide a sound that will fill my whole garden still astounds me.

DrP

DrP – Member
    Amazon had the JBL Flip 2 down to £40 the other day (I see it’s £50 now).
    Ruddy good – we’ve got 2 in the house, and am thoroughly impresssed..

DrP

loddrik – Member
    JBL Flip 2. Got two of them in the house now, they’re excellent.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

It’s not what you think….

DrLoddrik

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve always thought you’d make a lovely couple.

🙂

mikertroid
    Free Member

JBL flip owner here and listening to one in my hotel room right now.

Great speaker but battery life isn’t up to much. Also have a Bose Soundlink Mini which is superb, and they’ve launched the Soundlink Mini II with USB charging. That’s what I’d go for.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I really like my UE Boom

xherbivorex
    Free Member

UE Boom gets very good reviews.
    sainsburys are knocking out the kitsound boombars for 20 quid at the moment (if your local store has any left). they seem pretty good for small portables.

sadexpunk

im assuming OP is sorted now so could i just hijack the thread and ask ‘what larger portable bluetooth speaker’?

im thinking a year or two ago the jawbone jambox seemed to be the go-to portable speaker, has that changed now?

what else is out there, good deep sound, value for money, thinking more for playing spotify outside at BBQ’s, camping, that type of thing.

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve got one of the original Jawbone Jamboxes from back when it was just about the only decent small speaker around and I’ve been very pleased with it. I’ve also more recently got an Ankher Classic (as I mention above) which was about 1/4 the price I paid for the Jambox and makes it look very poor value indeed these days. Neither of them is what I’d call a “larger” portable speaker though and I don’t think they’re really up to properly irritating your fellow campers.

leftyboy
    Free Member

+1 for JBL Flip 2

M6TTF
    Free Member

have the original JBL flip – good sound, let down by battery life. Does the mk2 sound any different/better?

Staying at a mates last weekend gone, and he had a bose sound link mini – that thing was incredible

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth speaker’ is closed to new replies.