Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bluetooth sensors for ipad zwift question (weeksy help)
  • blader1611
    Free Member

I have a crivit pro(lidl brand i think) speed/cadence sensor which works via bluetooth. It looks like to me like this only connects via a crivit app so i am guessing it is useless for using with zwift as it wont pick it up??
    I thought it would be ok to use as its bluetooth so how do i avoid the same scenario when it comes to buying another one as they dont tend to stipulate that it only works with proprietary software. Any one got any suggestions for a suitable sensor for ipad/zwift use?

blader1611
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd as Google has been no help. I am guessing the wahoo sensor will work but that is £50.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

i had an issue with pairing and it was due to an app conflict rather than it being proprietary software – after deleting the app that i had been using previously and turned the phone on and off again it then paired ok.

(I didnt connect it up using bluetooth menu but from within the app itself)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    blader1611
    Free Member

I will give it a try tonight without the associated app, thanks.

blader1611
    Free Member

Omar Little – thanks for the advice, it worked a treat,much appreciated.

For other users info – the crivit pro bluetooth sensors from Lidl or ebay for £10 work with ipad and ios zwift,well thats according to my 5 minute turning pedals by hand experiment (generated 226w with my left hand whilst holding ipad in my right, thats better than my legs i reckon).

budzee
    Free Member

Hi has anyone been ably to connect one of these via a Bluetooth dongle on a laptop and Zwift?
    I bought a dongle from Napkin, but although the software sees it. It does not pair and zwift just does not find it.

Mark

piesoup
    Free Member

Sorry to dredge this up…
    Did you guys get it work successfully with Zwift? I’ve paired it with my iPhone ok, and used it with The Sufferfest and Zwift.
    However at normal cadence and slow wheel speed (warm up type stuff) it’s bang on. As soon as I start the workout, the virtual power is very erratic. So if I should be at 90rpm and 220w, the virtual power is erratic, between 150 and 250.
    Anyone else experienced that?
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/128070574@N05/k98iHT
    Hope the picture works, it shows the power trace

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth sensors for ipad zwift question (weeksy help)’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts