• This topic has 18 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bluetooth Mouse For A Mac [Daddy]
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Is there a decent bluetooth mouse, other than the Magic Mouse, out there?

I see Logitech have an offering out, but looks like it might be travel sized, which I don’t really want.

Note: Wireless is not really an option, as only have 2x USB ports which get used on and off as it is.

DrJ

I haven’t seen one, except once for a Kensington thing that kept freezing. But I like my Magic Mouse, especially with the induction battery charging thing.

Jamie
    Free Member

I haven’t got anything in particular against the MM, just don’t think it did gestures that well, so seemed pointless having it.

I have the feeling it may be the only option, tho.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the Logitech T620 wireless touch mouse which is great to use and the batteries seem to last forever. They have a T631 Bluetooth version which might suit your requirements

simon_g

I bought one of those Logitechs and it’s very much for travel, not that comfortable to use for long. I wish more would do the micro-USB charging and ability to pair to two devices though.

M557 is better, uses 2xAAs so lasts for ages.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/bluetooth-mouse-m557?crid=7

Microsoft Sculpt ones are decent if you want a “normal” mouse.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-gb/p/sculpt-touch-mouse

Else I gladly sacrifice a USB port to use an Anywhere MX, which always “just works” even on weird surfaces, lasts ages and is just downright excellent to hold.

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/anywhere-mouse-mx

slowoldman

Since I use a macbook pro I would tend to go for a trackpad rather than a mouse these days – I think. That or a Magic Mouse anyway.

mav12
    Free Member

i have a logitech trackpad that works ok £23 off ebay

Jamie
    Free Member

I should add, I do not want a trackpad. I have one on my MBA, also just sold a Magic Trackpad. I am looking to get a mouse, to stop myself locking into the same position for too long, as having a few right shoulder issues. Orthopaedic department’s physio, said getting a mouse would be helpful to counter this.

geoffj

I’ve just got a bt Microsoft sculpt mouse for my Mac mini.
    The pseudo wheel takes a bit of getting used to, but I do like it.
    I paid just less than £20 which is about right IMHO

Jamie
    Free Member

Betwixt the Magic Moose and the MS Sculpt at the min.

Thinking the intergrationyness of the MM, might win out.

I paid just less than £20 which is about right IMHO

Where dat from den?

Also, how does the Windows specific button function in OSX?

geoffj

I paid £18.95 – looks like it’s gone up a bit.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

In true stw style I’ll read your question and offer a completely different solution.

You could get a USB hub to extend the number of free USB slots and then you’ve got a world of choice of wireless mice and can actually get one that suits your needs rather than the only one thats available with bluetooth.

Jamie
    Free Member

In true stw style I’ll read your question and offer a completely different solution.

You could get a USB hub to extend the number of free USB slots and then you’ve got a world of choice of wireless mice and can actually get one that suits your needs rather than the only one thats available with bluetooth.

If I had a spare usb slot for a hub, then I would just it for a mouse.

…plus I wouldn’t be tied to a hub.

😛

I paid £18.95 – looks like it’s gone up a bit.

Ah, you have the older model. Newer one seems to have a wheel now, and the swipey bit o the side.

geoffj

Ah, you have the older model. Newer one seems to have a wheel now, and the swipey bit o the side.

😥

Jamie
    Free Member

Just ordered the NEW MS Sculpt, and a MM from Amazon. Will have a fiddle, then send back whichever one is poop.

I want to like the MM, but it looks like an ergonomic train wreck.

Plus it’s £20 more.

brassneck

Are you using the USB sockets on the keyboard? They’re too slow to be any use for anything else, might as well stick a receiver in there (thats what I do anyway)

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s for a Macbook Air. Sorry, I should have stated in the OP.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My MM works absolutely fine with my MBA..

‘chts ya prob wiv it?

Ok, so I don’t do GIF’s so not too sure about dexterity n’alldat, but for normal work it’s bang on trend, Man.

Jamie
    Free Member

Magic Mouse just turned up. Bit slim, but I reckon the gestures, plus the customisability offered via BTT, will make it a keeper.

The MS mouse, while decent, appears to have been used. So that’s going back 😐

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bluetooth Mouse For A Mac [Daddy]’ is closed to new replies.