Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bluestone resort. Opinions sought.
  • mtbfix

So Ctr Parc is one option but Bluestone looks a worthy alternative. Who has been and how did you rate it?

themilo
    Free Member

Spent a long weekend there in January and thought it .was great. We had one of the cottages in the village which was a good size (2 adults, 2 kids) and a very short stroll to the bakery and pub. I would say it compares favourably to C parcs but not by much. Kids need tone 1 metre to use the pool slides which they don’t tell you and annoyed me a little. It’s hilly too if thats an issue for any in your party. Great, free, indoor play area for kids with a climbing wall etc too in case the wether sucks. Hth

mtbfix

Child in question is not 1m tall yet so that is handy to know. Ta.

geoffj

Been to the lagoon and play centre a few times whilst staying in St David’s. Lovely setting, but compared to CP (Whinfell) it’s small. There are some decent attractions nearby though – Manorbier & Tenby for seaside and beaches and Folly Farm for a kids adventure park/zoo. Plus you can head west for proper beaches, surfing etc at Newgale and St David’s.
    I’d consider it – it’s just a bit of a trek from most places.

redx

How old is child in question? Have been for a weekend, but I didn’t make the swimming pool as I had to leave early (from what I remember the report was it wasn’t as good as CP). Indoor play area was great for our 18 month old son. I think he’d still love the indoor play area now (he’s just turned 3) as there’s a lot for him to do…

I thought the accomodation was nicer than Centreparks. The swimming pool and indoor play area are about a maximum fifteen minute walk up a hill from all the accomodation, but there is village centre with shop & pub in amongst the accomodation.

Clydey Cottages near Newcastle Emlyn are supposed to be very good aswell….

mtbfix

Child in quit on will be a month short of 3 when we go. The accommodation and setting are very appealing what with on site stuff and all the coast nearby for things to do, weather permitting. CP seems to have more to do indoors which might be sensible for October and Longleat is near to hand too, which Sam would love.

mrchrispy

we are staying at Clydey Cottages next week, looks very nice.
    might checkout blue lagoon and folly farm while we are down that way.

brassneck

I really enjoyed it. Got a good deal on the accommodation just by flicking through the calendar a bit – it varies a lot. Didn’t really use the village much but eldest (6 years, small for his age) did a lot of climbing (trees which made me giddy to watch, the indoor wall etc.) and used all the slides by himself happily (he is very confident in water). We spent most of the weekend in the pool.

The accommodation was very nice, clean when we arrived and well equipped for self catering. Take bikes as in theory you leave the car off site (seemed to be an awful lot of perfectly active people with dispensation to park right next to their houses though – so it’s not as traffic free as the brochures suggest) though nowhere is that far to walk. Had a take away curry delivered and it was very good and not expensive.

If you’re deciding between it and Longleat CP, I think it comes down to the drive and if you’ve been to Longleat before. I preferred Bluestone overall, but I live within day trip distance of Longleat so I’ve done it to death.

might checkout blue lagoon and folly farm while we are down that way.

Folly Farm is a real winner with the children – and cheap compared to the south of England. Think you can pay with tesco vouchers too?

Daniel
    Free Member

Been a couple of times. I like it. Stayed in a Ramsey. Kids love it, and couldn’t get them out of the Blue Lagoon. Near to beaches etc… which is good as all the activities etc… can make it expensive. Had a takeaway from ‘the village’ which was okay but not great. Will stick to going to Narbeth for eating out.

geoffj

Will stick to going to Narbeth for eating out.

😯

bigblackshed

Been a few times to Bluestone. It’s not really compareable to CP. Completely different ethos.

Bluestone have the indoor play area and the Blue Lagoon pool. Both good but that’s it for non pay for activities. But they actively encourage you to leave the park and explore. It’s quite small and not overly cycle friendly to the non-cycling people. The hill is a push for everyone except the Gnnarr.

CP actively discourage you to leave the park. “Everything you need is here!” A bit like The Trueman Show. Last time we went to Longleat the pool was falling apart. No outdoor pool and entrance to the outdoor rapids was via scafolding. I’m guessing it has been refurbed based on the price increases.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bluestone resort. Opinions sought.’ is closed to new replies.