Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bluestack mountains and Derryveagh mountains- riding?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Looks like I’m popping over to Ireland for a wedding in September. Not having ridden over there it’s tempting to have a crack at something there, preferably one of the Bluestack or Derryveagh mountains as the wedding is nearby.

Are there any you can legally /cheekily and without much bother ride up? I’m not au-fait with access laws in Ireland but am happy to please foreign ignorance and ride on a weekday morning.

munrobiker
    Free Member

No one? I’ve found this, worth a crack?

http://www.trailbadger.com/trails/donegal/summit-mt-errigal/

sv

Couple of local clubs that could help:
    North West MTB

Donegal MTB

drain

Moving over to Dublin in February for up to a year so I’m interested in what trails get recommended!

docstar
    Free Member

The trails mentioned on trailbadger are a good guide, you could go on your own and ride on double track all day long but there’s very little singletrack that I know of. As far as access goes any farmer I’ve met when out there was glad to see civilisation. Where is the wedding? Not an epic ride as such but this was a lice loop but too much tarmac, the part along the main n15 road could’ve been re routed to fire road on the east of lough mourne.
    [/url]

docstar
    Free Member

Glenveagh loop meant to be good also but I’ve never done it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bluestack mountains and Derryveagh mountains- riding?’ is closed to new replies.