Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Bluenty.com – are their oakley glasses legit?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Well, if they are fake, they’re the most convincing fake I’ve ever seen. The box feels like quality card and there’s even a serial number in the flap of the box. Case feels genuine although the lining feels slightly better than my old jawbones. The lens removal instructions are there, as is the warranty registration card. Again, feel like they’re printed on quality card. They’ve also come with spare nose pieces, spare icons for the arms and a retaining strap. The bag feels the same, has lens pockets and the same graphics. The label is a bit smaller and says made in Cambodia rather than my old one that says made in China. Spare clear lenses are there. Lens in engrave with “prism” at the bottom with a prism trail sticker on the lens. The model number is printed inside one arm and is clear and sharp, the other side has racking racket moulded into it.

Any experts know any other clues I should be looking for?

gary

Where are mine! Stamps foot and pouts.

Houns

Is there a clip on the case?

As I’ve mentioned before the site looks fine

Onzadog
    Free Member

By clip, do you mean the plastic Oakley branded moulding on the zip pull? If so, there is, and it looks identical to my old case.

iain1775
    Free Member

I saw some on there I wanted last month but it seemed to be too good to be true so I held off, be interested to follow this and hopefully everything is ok

DT78
    Free Member

Have you got some originals to compare to? My fake jawbones look identical, and if I didn’t have originals as well I wouldn’t be able to tell. The plastic and rubber feels and smells ever so slightly different. The real give away for mine was the lenses, but as I was using original lenses it didn’t matter.

I’m interested to as I’m after some prism lenses,

ononeorange

Watching this thread closely too. I find the sheer choice with Oakley confusing – what’s a good set of oakleys for off road riding in and out of woods, ie where light tends to suddenly be quite weak and being able to see detail important? The cheapies that I’ve always used to-date have been useless for thus (like those reactolite glasses when you walk in side a building in a bright day and stumble into everything!!).

Onzadog
    Free Member

I own some jawbones that are a few years older so smells isn’t really a clue and there have been some tweaks but those match current photos of them.

iain1775
    Free Member

anyone got ant updates?

andyirving
    Free Member

I ordered a pair of Oakley Sliver from Bluenty on 7th June, shipping is 7-15 days so should be sent be Tuesday next week (23rd June). I will update this post after that date to let you guys know how I get on!!

Tracey
    hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Just to be a cynic here but have you seen how good fake Nikes are. The youtube videos make me cringe how real and copied to the max (pun intended) they are.

I wonder what all the hype is refarding Oakley kit especially their glasses.

I’m more than happy with a set of 3 lense kit golfing glasses for cycling.
    Maybe I am getting old and cynical but I would steer clear of any Oakley product whether fake or real.
    They scream I’m a bummer! That I drive round in a L200 and all that jazz.

Why…?

gary

I ordered a pair of Oakley Sliver from Bluenty on 7th June, shipping is 7-15 days so should be sent be Tuesday next week (23rd June

Don’t hold your breath too hard – I only just got a shipping email for my order, more like 28 days for me.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I wonder what all the hype is refarding Oakley kit especially their glasses.

In my experience the sunglasses are well made, and they last.

They scream I’m a bummer!

If you say so.

andyirving
    Free Member

Not happy about the 28 days gary, other guys had said a couple of weeks. Did you email them after the 15 days were up?

gary

Not happy about the 28 days gary, other guys had said a couple of weeks. Did you email them after the 15 days were up?

No, I wasn’t in a huge rush. They would have had an email this weekend if I hadn’t got the dispatch notification on Friday.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Hmmm, the missus has an L200 but doesn’t wear Oakleys… is she a bummer or not?

Get a grip poppet.

gary

So mine have arrived safe and sound – their courier isn’t super fast, but 7 days from Spain not awful either.

As others have said, seem 100% legit. If they’re knock offs they have gone to a lot of trouble – e.g. sticker on the box for the euro importer etc.

andyirving
    Free Member

I sent Bluenty an email asking when they expected to send them, response stated
    “As we continue the same, yet the manufacturer indicates model availability date requested by you, so you can not say a certain date”

Not too sure what this means, something has been lost in the translation I think!
    Seems they are having supply issues, going to ask for a refund I think as doubtful they will ever appear!

lightman
    Free Member

As others have said, seem 100% legit. If they’re knock offs they have gone to a lot of trouble – e.g. sticker on the box for the euro importer etc.

You’ll be surprised how far the fakers/Chinese go these days.
    I report a lot of fakes on ebay, and quite a few have boxes, receipts and all paperwork that genuine ones come with, but they usually always screw up on small details which make them pretty obviously fake if you know what to look for.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hiking-JAWBONE-Sports-Sunglasses-Polarized-Sunglasses-16COLORS-Frame-Available-Earsocks-Blue-IridiumLens-SOG008/108582_533380600.html
    The cheap and nasty hard case is usually the most obvious one.

If anyone bought Jawbones and want my opinion on them, just let me know.

Nobby

Unless things have changed, if you register on the Oakley website you can use it to check serial nos etc.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine took a while to arrive. Bluenty don’t claim to be genuine Oakley dealers but they do claim that they sell genuine Oakleys.

Be interested to see if you can still check serial numbers.

timmys

Those who have experienced slow shipping from Bluenty, could you let me know if this is typical or if I should be chasing it. Item shipped on the 6th, made it as far as Belgium and seems to have sat there for 5 days now;

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

good grief you cant get away from stw… i’m googling for the cheapest deal on some radar path ev, did’nt even think to look on stw, and there you go right on up there in google results this thread pops up.

had’nt heard of bluenty either. think they owe you a beer stw web team!! ; )

CountZero

I’m more than happy with a set of 3 lense kit golfing glasses for cycling.
    Maybe I am getting old and cynical but I would steer clear of any Oakley product whether fake or real.

Why…?
    Why do you sound like a petulant snob? Not sure, but I would suggest you give your inner moppet a few good slaps around the face and get a grip.
    But then, I’ve been wearing Oakleys since the days of Blades and RazorBlades, and still have, and wear my original early 90’s Mumbos and Frogskins, and I frankly couldn’t give a toss about your opinion.

CountZero

Just had a quick shufti at bluenty.com and the first sunnies I spotted were some I was looking at in Sunglass Hut in Bath this afternoon, RayBan Clubmans; £68 against £128 in Bath. That’s a hell of a saving!
    I’ll be checking out Oakleys as well, I fancy some Flackjackets.

brocks
    Free Member

I wear Oakleys have done for years, what’s an L 200?

Tracey

Kevins custom Oakleys were posted Friday from US. Arrived this morning at work just in time for our Alps trip. They do look nice and first impressions of the Prizm lens are very good.

andyirving
    Free Member

Mine were finally shipped yesterday, tracking on GLS shows them in Seville so we will see how long it takes. I am expecting 10-15 days. Altogether this will have taken this order nearly 7 weeks (ordered 7th June), not impressed, they better be genuine!!
    Has anyone been able to verify the serial numbers with the Oakley website?

andyirving
    Free Member

Still got my 90s M-Frames, bit battered but still intact after nearly 20 years! Doubt my Slivers will last as long (once I get them)

andyirving
    Free Member

Have you got your Oakleys yet Tim, mine are now also showing as reaching Belgium so wondering how long they sit in the warehouse before being shipped.

CountZero

Still got my 90s M-Frames, bit battered but still intact after nearly 20 years! Doubt my Slivers will last as long (once I get them)

Still got my Carbon-effect Mumbos from back in the early 90’s, and my two pairs of Frogskins: the Froggies are still worn on a regular basis, they’re just so nice and comfy to wear.

andyirving
    Free Member

Sliver’s arrived today, pretty sure they are genuine, paperwork looks decent and pouch looks like my M Frame one in quality. Long wait though, not sure it justified the cost saving from UK supplier.

mcnultycop

My Holbrooks arrived today. Orderd on 3 July. Seem legit. Saved me just over 50%.

timmys

Have you got your Oakleys yet Tim, mine are now also showing as reaching Belgium so wondering how long they sit in the warehouse before being shipped.

Sorry only just seen this (and see your glasses have turned up). I actually emailed them and to be fair they got back to me very quickly with the explanation that is was due to the channel tunnel chaos at the time which seems like a fair enough excuse.

nemesis
    Free Member

So what’s the consensus? Sounds like they are legit if a little slow on delivery.

tom.nash

Close to putting an order in, anyone had any confirmation from Oakley that they are fine? All the sku numbers seem to match up, photos identical to the oakley UK website and original prices tally so seems accurately.. Been bitten recently so trying to make sure this is legit before I hit ‘buy’!

Thanks,

tinybits
    Free Member

Any updates on this? Just about to place an order for some radars and these come up very well priced.

njee20
    Free Member

Yet another bump, as I’m not sure I can resist some Retina Burn Radarlocks, did folks’ stuff turn up?!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine did after a bit of a delay and I’m convinced they’re genuine.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Bluenty.com – are their oakley glasses legit?’ is closed to new replies.