Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • BLUEBELLS – The Official Picture Thread of 2011
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Cinnamon Girl said start it, so here it is.

Post your fav Bluebell Pix here 🙂

Heres one from last year for what we are to expect 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

ltheisinger
    Free Member

CountZero

Thinking about bluebells while I’ve been out walking and riding the last few weekends. There’s lots starting to grow, but a bit early yet.

redthunder
    Free Member

Today.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Havent seen any flowering yet, but with last weeks warm weather and more warm forecast later this week it wont be long….

redthunder
    Free Member

Today. 6 April 2011.

It’s really happening Reg 🙂

Only trouble with early bluebells… is that they go quicker 🙁

More Here

cinnamon_girl

ltheisinger – surely that’s not very recent? It looks beautiful and nice dogs too. 🙂

redthunder – a good show there too. 8)

I shall be taking the camera to my favourite bluebell wood, last week only a few were out and there’s bound to be more by now.

Keep those pics coming. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Only trouble with early bluebells… is that they go quicker

The good news is, it means that they are not those dodgy Spanish immigrant bluebells.

jj55

Saw my first bluebell flowers this year when out riding last night 😆

Drac

Be a few weeks up here yet probably about 3-4 the Daffs are just out in full bloom. There’s not many old woods near by to me so we don’t get loads not like we did at home town by a long shot.

redthunder
    Free Member

Today 8 April 2011

More Here

cinnamon_girl

My camera is packed and am heading for my favourite bluebell wood tomorrow. 8)

Fingers crossed that I will be overwhelmed. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Hmmm … today I visited my favourite bluebell wood and am not really sure what’s going on. ❓

Whilst we’ve enjoyed sunny weather, there has been a chilly breeze around all week varying from northerly to easterly. Bluebells appeared to be either past their best or half dead. Very little perfume too. 🙁

I then headed to some other woods that normally have decent displays and it was a bit of a mixed bag there. Perhaps it’s just too early for them in this neck of the woods?

No pics, sorry!

cuckoo
    Free Member

I was in some of the usual haunts for bluebells in my neck of the woods today but many of the plant colonies have been decimated by mountain bikers who have carved new trails straight through them.

Must have been about half a dozen new trails that I saw today that didn’t used to be there. Sad to see.

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s sucks when people trample them 🙁 I never ride on them or make any new trails where I know any bluebell glades etc. exist or are likely going to be.

Sometimes, bulb collectors can clear a wood in one sitting.

Roe Deer seem also to be giving them a good kicking as well 🙁

rondo101
    Free Member

Leigh Woods in Bristol today. Only a few out so far. Give it a week or two and it should be a carpet of blue.

Untitled by ronnie101, on Flickr

Untitled by ronnie101, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member
    StefMcDef
    Free Member

Not recent, but this year’s crop hasn’t emerged yet:

WillH

Don’t think we have any bluebells here in NZ, and it’s autumn anyway. Here’s a fave pic of mine from the FoD a few years back:

piha
    Free Member

From today’s ride.

The sky was somewhat overcast and I think that the bluebells aren’t at their best yet but I took a few photo’s anyway.

cinnamon_girl

Ooooh, nice pics, beautiful colour. 😀 Can I ask where?

IHN

piha
    Free Member

CG – just off the North Downs, stumbled across them last year so I’ve been keeping an eye on them recently. Given a bit more time they’ll be quite a sight.

Kingsford, near Kinver Edge, Worcestershire on my commute home today.

singlespeedstu

They’re starting to come out in some of my local woods now.

2011_0415larrycam0007 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

2011_0415larrycam0013 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

beanieripper
    Free Member

shinpads in a bluebell wood !?

redthunder
    Free Member

Comic fall in Bluebells, I probably spotted a white one :-)… no Bluebells were harmed in this production 😉 well mayby a couple 🙁

Photo Series Here:
    http://southglosmtb.wordpress.com/2011/04/15/bluebell-comic-fall/

cinnamon_girl

Fat bikes on a trail, whatever next? 😉

redthunder – I could just about make out some tiny singletrack there, it was a legit trail wasn’t it? Of course, you were so overcome by the beauty and scent. 😀

Now, be honest, have you, er, ‘adjusted’ those pics cos they are incredibly vibrant?

C_G
    (feeling everyone has better bluebells)

amt27
    Free Member

secret downhill run in the FoD

Lifer
    Free Member

Just starting to poke through round here (Sussex), you can kind of see some to the right of the trail, crappy photo unfortunately.

mattbee

Just starting to flower at 100 Acres near Fareham, taken yesterday (15th April.)

keyses2

Some from various parts of the Malverns this week

redthunder
    Free Member

@cinnamon_girl

There is a fine ribbon of track. I’d never ride through Bluebells deliberately.

As for photo tweaks. Most of my pics go throug Picasa and I do a sligh adjust with staruration, colour temp and shadow to show them how I see them on the day as my camera swashes the image out a bit.

Compare the following two and tell me what you think:
    Original from Camera:

Tweaked with Picasa:

http://southglosmtb.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/bluebell-image-comparison/

rOcKeTdOg

bluebell 1 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

mav 2 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

CountZero

Redthunder, those are lovely pics, where abouts are those woods?

zokes
    Free Member
    trailertrash

lovely photos! thanks everyone 😀

cinnamon_girl

redthunder, yes I can see a difference. You do seem to enjoy a great display in Gloucestershire. 🙂

Here’s some from today in Hampshire but, again, not at their best. It must be due to the chilly nights and easterly daytime winds. The area I was in is low-lying and does tend to be cooler.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘BLUEBELLS – The Official Picture Thread of 2011’ is closed to new replies.