Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Bluebells December 2015 – OMG
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Today … South Glos Not just the one either all over the woods.

Primroses poking through, buds on trees etc.

Just ain’t right, ain’t right I tell you!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/C2ieds]Bluebells South Gouth Glos December 2015[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Jeez, I really hope that there is a better reason than GW, anomalies happen right?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have got cherry blossom and was picking a second crop of raspberries here other day. Will a cold snap hit hard or have all the seasons merged into one long moderately mild and damp super season?

rOcKeTdOg

blimey

Klunk
    Free Member

the lawn grass is very long long like a soggy hay field

gwaelod
    Free Member

wild strawberries just fruiting this week in my garden in North Cardiff

russianbob
    Free Member

Bulbs up in the garden here North of Leeds

daftvader
    Free Member

Hampshire… our strawberries haven’t stopped flowering yet, some of the Cornflower’s are still at it too… Slugs and snails in our garden are loving it

mtbfix

Brambles flowering in Reading.

qwerty
    Free Member

The Greenwood is sick, Gandalf. A darkness has fallen over it. Nothing grows anymore, at least nothing good. The air is fouled decay, but worst are the webs.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Daffodils on the roadside near Exeter today, in full bloom. Is that normal for Dec?

pk13

16degs by the weekend. My dogs bouncing around like its spring too. Odd indeed

gordimhor

1deg and a wee bit snow in Fort William winter seems to be in place here

pk13

Push it down south a bit then, lol

senorj

We’ve got loads of Strawberries in the garden too!
    GW or a weather anomaly ,either way, it’s too bloody warm for the time of year.
    Will have to mow the lawn soon. What the crikey!

qwerty
    Free Member

TV weather girl reckons it’s gonna be 16′ at night this week!!!

mt
    Free Member

Climate change?

mrblobby
    Free Member

It’s been 3 years since we’ve seen GW round these parts. Maybe his awesomeness is indeed a contributing factor to climate change without this forum for venting.

pictonroad

I did notice the cherry trees starting to blossom this morning, certainly a little premature for the insects.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bulbs starting to shoot up here too.

And the grass won’t stop growing, the ground’s far too soft to mow it though!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Had the 14 out sunday and was getting loads of bug splats!
    WTF??
    Never happens – can usually go anywhere this time of year and only worry about wiping of road grime.

bwakel
    Free Member

Bluebell shoots here in Hampshire too. And the brambles and wild roses are still taking over the trails, which is frustrating. Mud I expect in winter, but I also expect the brambles to have died back!

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Isn’t that a Hyacinth?

I have roses in bloom in my garden

phiiiiil

I’ve mowed the lawn “for the last time this year” about three times now, and it looks like it needs doing again too… :-/

Will the neighbours think I’m weird for mowing the lawn in the dark? The bar mount for a bike light will fit on the mower. 🙂

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve just cut the grass !

Klunk
    Free Member

complete opposite in New Zealand according to a friend, 11c when it should be 25-35. Silly warm here today sitting round the house in shorts and the heating isn’t even on, totally nuts.

pk13

Working outside all day in a tee shirt just been out and it’s like a early summers night.
    Wife still wants the heating on

beefheart
    Free Member

Long may it continue, this is brilliant!
    Normally it’s below freezing, but currently in Mid Wales it’s about 14 degrees (at night!) and I haven’t bothered with any heating.
    But goddam the constant rain….

pk13

Might make the spring a bit interesting and some crops may struggle 14* for Christmas Day

richmars

I had an off track incident on my commute home last night (deep muddy ruts), and got badly stung by stinging nettles. Still tingling this morning.

Klunk
    Free Member

I did notice yesterday there was fresh new growth on the nettles. Some rain here but it’s the permanently grey sky !

scaredypants

sitting round the house in shorts and the heating isn’t even on, totally nuts

Pop a pair of pants on underneath – you know the neighbours look in through that big window 😉

(Southern Hampshire flora has gone apeshit, FWIW)

richmars

I did notice yesterday there was fresh new growth on the nettles.

Yes, the b*** were a bit agressive!

Just delivered Christmas cards around the village, on the bike, just in a t shirt and I’m still sweating.

Klunk
    Free Member

silly silly weather today…. short sleeve jersey today and it was still warm even with the stiff breeze. some of the smaller alder have decided not to shed their leaves, some yellowing but most are a vibrant green 😯 . Good fun in the mud on summer tyres today, mostly dry except for parts where farm vehicles have been !

bikebouy
    Free Member

CooooWeeee, sweaty out on the bike 😆

Long may this continue 8)

jambalaya
    Free Member

As I posted on the other thread we’ve been killing mosquitos, in December 😯

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Bluebells December 2015 – OMG’ is closed to new replies.