Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bluebell Hill Maidstone
  • chrisgibson
    Free Member

This is a long shot, on my way back from a ride todayI spotted loads of people going in the opposite direction to me back up to Bluebell hill. I was just wondering what routes people do up there – Strava links etc would be good.

Thanks in advance.

tenfoot

There are several routes back down which are fun. However most of the riding up there is on footpaths, so care needs to be taken.

We mostly ride up there at night-time, when there is less likelihood of anyone being on the trails.

Check out strava global heatmap and take a look at an OS map.

EDIT: Interesting blog by the way. I don’t remember seeing the White Horse Stone, so I’ll be off looking for that one evening.

And yes, you’re right. BBH at the moment is very muddy.

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Cheers, had a look at the heat map and looks like a lot of the trails are similar to what we did the other week.

I find the singletrack the other side of the hill – towards Boxley Woods, a bit more flowy, just isn’t much of it.

Thanks again though.

andytherocketeer

once upon a time, I used to ride up and down that hill (the A229) as a roadie. need a brain transplant to do that these days.

there’s another coldrum type thing out Trottiscliffe way. way back when I was a teen there, people used to say about some mythical east-west alignment between those various sites.

don’t know the best trails though – all those I ever saw were footpaths, several of which had explicit no cycling signage (but that was a long time ago). Think one was descending from the carpark with the Air Ambulance memorial. NDW iirc is bridleway?
    Not been that way for years though (even though it pretty much where I call home).

tenfoot

If you keep going along to the top of Boxley hill, cross the road and take the north downs way opposite, about 2/3rds of the way to Detling is a steep section to the right, off the side, called Monkey Breath on strava. It’s probably one of the best descending trails in the area

leegee

Monkey breath, Trail wars, The slightly optimistic “Best singletrack” westfield wood, Glowing Rotors are the best, there’s others and some stuff in Walderslade and Lordswood close by

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bluebell Hill Maidstone’ is closed to new replies.