Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Blue trails in South Wales???
  • Twin
    Free Member

Took the GF to Brechfa this week for her first proper singletrack outing, rode the green/blue derwen trail and she really enjoyed it (and coped with the rougher bits of trail pretty well). Looking for some more singletrack in the South Wales/Forest of Dean area that she could have a go at. We live 4 miles from Cwmcarn but she's not ready for that yet so does anybody have any suggestions?

wonnyj
    Free Member

Loads of bridleways around Cwmcarn I believe.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

There are a fair few in the Brecon Beacons..

http://www.justgoride.co.uk/Content/TrailCentres/TrailCentresMain.aspx?centreid=38

I've not managed to compile much data on them yet but you could have a look here as well..

Mountain Biking in the Beautiful Brecon Beacons

huw
    Free Member

Forest of Dean has miles of "blue" style trails, loads of fun. Only problem with the FoD is navigation if you're unsure of the place. I've been there dozens of times, always with someone who knows their way around, and I still get confused. Worth going there and following your nose though.

PhilO
    Free Member

Loads of bridleways around Cwmcarn I believe.

This.

I also live near Cwmcarn, and only bother to ride it a couple of times a year. Have a look at the Sirhowey Valley Ridgeway, Mynydd Machen and the moorland tracks up on Mynydd Maen and Mynydd Henllys for a start. 🙂 There're also some nice bridleways in Coed Cefn Pwll Du and along the ridge beyond Rudry heading towards Cardiff.

Ambrose

Mr Ordnance Survey is your friend.

Also; Cwm Rhaeadr has what is nominally a 'red' trail I think. It is all rollable, just on rocky step high up the trail, above the bridlepath crossing.

snaps
    Free Member

I'd have thought Cwmcarn with some encouragement could be a good place to advance skills – she might even sneak up & practice!

coatesy
    Free Member

Castell Coch and surrounding woods in Cardiff (2 mins from M4 junction)has some nice riding, worth paying a visit, but don't use the main entrance, drive past and use the Forest Fawr car park about a mile further up the road.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ride up hill past Bryn Meadows golf course loads of routes up there

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Machen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Blue trails in South Wales???’ is closed to new replies.