• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Blue pig Hebden Bridge
  • stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Hello . Can some take a look at this image and tell me if this the famous blue pig descent?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5t6TcRNHSt1NVdLYlktTnJaOGc/edit?usp=sharing

If it is’nt can you supply a map of where it is please?

philfive
    Free Member

No

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

OP – thats a climb. Whoever descends Jack Bridge is wasting elevation!

mike399
    Free Member

OP – are you local to Hebden?

nick1962
    Free Member
    stenhousemuir
    Free Member

Local ish yes, about 12 miles.

Davey boy, that’s definitely not a climb, have you ridden it? Good downhill.

Cheers for the links of where it is, I will hunt it out

andycs

It is most definitely a climb, start most of my rides from the layby at the bottom. Great hangover cure!!

mos

I did it for the first time last week, after reading this:-
    http://www.planetfear.com/articles/MTB_Roots_4_of_6_Going_Alpine_in_the_Pennines_1122.html

spawnofyorkshire

OP – it depends on if you like a double track descent or not but I really enjoy the run from jack bridge through ragley down to hebden. We use it to finish off the ride when we’re tired as it’s fast but not challenging
    Blue pig technically starts in heptonstall just beyond the Methodist Church but you can skip the top section as that’s just gravelly crap now. Start from on Lee wood road and save yourself some climbing

brant
    Free Member

Blue Pig finishes at the Blue Pig.

steel4real
    Free Member

Good speed on that Strava segment Brant ?

I thought I was in the top 20 but at least the current miss4real (and a former one ! ) are in the ladies top 10 😉

Dave
    Free Member

Davey boy, that’s definitely not a climb, have you ridden it? Good downhill.

*much better downhills are available. It’s a climb.

The only time I’ve ridden it down was when I broke a crank on the way up and I didn’t have a choice ;o)

Blue pig features in this week’s Monday Debrief… http://singletrackworld.com/2013/11/monday-morning-debrief-47/

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

First time I rode Hebden (before it became a trail centre) I rode down from Jack Bridge by mistake.

I was young and foolish then. As you’re pootling down Jack Bridge, you see all them hills either side of you? There be monsters 😀

Dave
    Free Member

(before it became a trail centre)

It’s a trail centre?

Mark

I usually describe that Jack Bridge climb as the best uplift option in the valley. It gets you up high relatively easily so you can descend on one of the many other far better descents. In that regard it’s a climb as the vast majority of the locals never use it as a descent.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Blue pig Hebden Bridge’ is closed to new replies.