Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blue pig compared to a slackline
  • rhid

Has anyone got experience of both these frames? I’m not getting on with my evil sovereign and want to replace the frame with one of the above. I had a blue pig X and loved it.but the slackline also gets a lot of praise. Are they very different styles of frames? Getting a BP in the right size is proving tough and the slackline looks amazing. I can get a 17″ BP which has a 5mm longer TT than my 16″ one I owned previous. In real terms is the difference in TT easily accounted for with a shorter stem?

How does the slackline compare to the evil?

Anyone able to help?

chiefgrooveguru

Blue Pig is slacker than Slackline with longer stays and a taller BB. Slackline more like Sovereign but longer front and not as steep head angle.

ajt123
    Free Member

I own a Blue Pig X – 17 inch – and had a go on a 17 inch Sherpa and a 16.5 inch Slackline.

Both felt felt a bit short for me – 184 cm / 6′ 1” – whereas the Pig never does.

I should be on an 18 inch really, so can’t hold that against the Slackline. 24 inch top tube seems about right for an 18 inch, 23 for the 16.5 sounds good.

Slackline is more of a premium product – better steel than the standard Blue Pig, also nasty paint on the Ragley nowadays. Not sure if they do the silly seat-post shim, but that has given me no end of aggro.

Whilst I have some affection for my ride, I wouldn’t get the modern version. Get an On-One 650b for less – more of less the same thing.

Dan Stanton was a diamond gent when I met him, the frame finish looks better. If it were a straight choice I would definitely go with the Slackline.

rhid

Thanks for the replies. I’m 5″6 but like long frames but am a bit worried that the 17″ BP may be a bit long. However it’s cheap and I did really like the 16″ BP I had so I will give it a go. I ran the 16″ BP with a 60mm stem so I figure a 50mm stem on the 17″ will work out about the same!

If I.hate it I will try the stanton. My.issue with the sovereign is it feels too steep and tall. I think I prefer longer lower frames.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’ve got a Sov and an old Mmmbop (so sort of old BP geo). The Mmmbop isn’t as demanding if that makes sense. It goes up, down and along very and feels more stable generally. Where it loses out imo is when it’s jumpy and in the nadgery stuff where the Sov’s handling gives you the edge to get away with more. Mmbop is similarly at an advantage when it’s steeper and looser.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blue pig compared to a slackline’ is closed to new replies.