Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • blue pig…. climbing goat or a pig on the climbs?
  • orange
    Free Member

okay – i read that the blue pig is the dogs when it comes to riding down steep, nasty, technical, arse skimming on your back wheel stuff – but is it any good at climbing? do i need a rev u-turn or will my existing 140mm van's be fine on the climbs (trail centres, peak, lakes, wales)

i've rode slack-ish HT's before but they have always had pretty slack seat tubes as well, and always needed an adjustable travel fork for me to get on with them

interested in the owners/testers views – ta

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ridden the ti and had no problem at all climbing. Vans would be fine too. I think a blue pig is on my list now for a second bike after I was amazed at how like my blur 4x the ti felt…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Steep seat tube so you should be fine with it. Apparently there shit hot at climbing

cynic-al
    Free Member

steep seat angle should make it OK. My Alpine certainly was (is it much different to an Alpine?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

it feels great I have to say. although with the lifts around here I've not had much chance to test it's tech climbing ability. The climbs I have done on it it's been me that's failed before the bike… got a big ride on Weds and Thurs that should test it out properly

orange
    Free Member

bugger! kinda hoped it sucked at climbing 😉

oh my savings are going to get hammered! 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘blue pig…. climbing goat or a pig on the climbs?’ is closed to new replies.