Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bludy ebikes :-)
  • m1kea
    Free Member

After DrP’s Gnarmac epic last week I thought I’d have a crack at the BHF L2B off route on its own.

Got to the Downs link in good time and thought I’d try and step it up a bit and see if I could match the break neck pace DrP and Toby Mc had set the week before.

Saw a bike in the distance and after a while eventually reeled him in. A quick ‘morning’ as I passed and then pedal down again. Hit another junction a few mins later and heard the guy behind me. A quick ‘wt?’ and off I go again.

On reaching the road section near Christ’s Hospital I couldn’t see anyone behind but as soon as I crossed the rail bridge he reappeared like some sort of nemesis.

At this point I’m smelling a rat so wait at a gate to ask him if it was an ebike. ‘Yes’ he says, ‘you b’stard’ I think before he then goes on to say it’s only good up to 15mph.

Now the route is only an ex railway but he / the bike seemed to handle the rougher bits with aplomb. At a guess it must have been a 40lb bike?

I wasn’t hanging around but struggled to drop the fella so could see the appeal if someone wanted a boost or didn’t have the fitness / stamina.

Still cheating though………….. 😀

roverpig

You’re both using a machine to allow you to cover the ground more quickly than you could manage on your own. So you’re both cheating really 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bludy ebikes :-)’ is closed to new replies.