Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blu tooth for an Onkyo amp?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Hi there.
    I’d like to play my music from my iPhone via my Onkyo amp.
    It doesn’t have Blu tooth so is there a way of connecting some sort of receiver to the inputs in the back? The HDMI connectors (it only has two) are in use for other stuff so it would have to be a different type of connection in.
    Sorry if this makes no sense but I’m a bit of a dunce when it comes to technology.

Ambrose
    choppersquad
    Free Member

Ooh….that looks just the job.
    Also have Amazon vouchers from Christmas.
    Win win.
    Thank you.

Cougar

Yeah.

Googling “Bluetooth to phono” gave me this and a hundred others:

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this recently and had read* that the Chromecast Audio optical connection gave a better sound quality. Also if you are streaming Spotify say you remove the Bluetooth element which also compromises quality. Mind you I don’t know if you can stream music stored on your phone to the Chromecast.

*Of course this could all be audiovoodoo as is the want of people looking at these things and you or I would never hear the difference.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I got this one for Christmas and it’s the same as the Logitech one but without their name on it.

Seems to work really well on my 1990’s Technics amp and stayed connected to my phone from a surprising distance away.

Looks pretty good too (better than the listing indicates I reckon) with a nice blue light on it and is pretty small and unobtrusive, actually has a sticky pad on the bottom of so you could stick it to the side of your amp quite neatly.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

I’ve been looking at this recently and had read* that the Chromecast Audio optical connection gave a better sound quality. Also if you are streaming Spotify say you remove the Bluetooth element which also compromises quality. Mind you I don’t know if you can stream music stored on your phone to the Chromecast.

TBH, my (not cheap) bluetooth dongle went back after a week. Having to run something on the phone then bluetoothing to the stereo hammered the battery, moving around the house with the phone in your pocket lead to all sorts of drop outs, pops and buzzes. Anyone calls/texts/messengers/whatsapp and you occasionally have issues with drop outs and so on.

Sat on the sofa listening was fine. But then i’d just have put a CD in.

Got a chromecast instead. Just tell it what to run, and it sits there and does it. Over the wifi rather than hammering your phone. You can apparently cast music that is stored on your phone to the chromecast if you want. But not something i’ve tried. As all mines on a server and linked through my spotify account (or Plex, or a couple of others, depending on what i’m using to play it!)

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I’ve got a Logitech unit connected to my kitchen hifi. Just picks up my phone and plays spotify or whatever. Range isnt great but I’ve got a charge pad on top of my hifi so my phone just sits there, plays and charges.

jam-bo

if the intention is to do it always from your iphone, something that supports airplay.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blu tooth for an Onkyo amp?’ is closed to new replies.