Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 270 total)
  • Bloody smug b***ard motorcyclist
  • molgrips
    Free Member

On the M4 this morning, in a rare quieter section, I'd pulled out to pass a lorry and there being a fair amount of space before and after me, and nothing at all in the outside lane, I stayed in the middle to pass another lorry that was maybe 400 yards away. Well as I approached about 200 yards, a motorcylist appeared in my lane and was gaining slowly, no problems. Except that as he came up behind me he pulled into the left hand lane and came up within about 20 ft of me, then made a big show of pulling across two lanes to pass me, giving me a dirty look. Well whatever, but then he did the slow 'you poor idiot' f***ing slow head shaking thing that I REALLY F***ING HATE! YOU STUPID SOD! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO'S NOT THINKING ABOUT YOUR DRIVING, NOT ME! DON'T ACCUSE ME OF NOT THINKING WHEN I AM ACTUALLY SEVERAL STEPS AHEAD OF YOU YOU ABSOLUTE CRETIN! Why did you not just pull into the outside lane and be done with it?! You would have had to execute fewer lane changes, and caused no bother to anyone as the lane was clear!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Grrrrrrrr
    Grr
    Gr.

*sigh*

tails
    Free Member

Should have run him over!!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

Shite driving middle lane hogger 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

because you should be in th4e left hand lane except whan you are overtaking. You were not overtaking – you were in the wrong.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As soon as we all accept that almost without exception, as soon as someone gets astride a motorbike they change their mentality completely, the easier it will be on our collective sanity.

because you should be in th4e left hand lane except whan you are overtaking. You were not overtaking – you were in the wrong.

TJ in 'not reading the OP properly' shokka.

warton
    Free Member

+1 middle lane hogger. the worst of the worst. are you so lazy you can't steer into the left hand lane and then back out again.?

meehaja
    Free Member

{pedant mode] which one of you was in the wrong?[/pedant mode]

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

but then he did the slow 'you poor idiot' f***ing slow head shaking thing that I REALLY F***ING HATE!

Thanks for the input. I'm glad to know that works, I'll carry on doing it. 😈

theflatboy
    Free Member

you should have pulled in.

Cougar

This is going to be good. *gets popcorn*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I stayed in the middle to pass another lorry that was maybe 400 yards away.

IE middle lane driving when the inside is clear

LHS
    Free Member

+2 for middle lane hogger. If someone has to point it out to you do you think that they could be right? Always keep left unless overtaking. If everyone stayed in the outside lane because of a lorry on the horizon they want to overtake then the UK would soon grind to a standstill.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how long did it take you to cover the 400 yds? Clearly they had to overtake you in that time I am not surprised they shook their head at you read the highway code and drive appropriately as the left labes are for overtaking ONLY. I assume you are always within 1/4 mile of a vehicle you plan too overtake and never leave the middle lane then?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

MF – do you have a motorcycle license?

You ( as demonstrated on numerous threads) have no idea about riding bikes.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

You were hogging the middle lane and he was speeding.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

TJ in 'not reading the OP properly' shokka.

I stayed in the middle to pass another lorry that was maybe 400 yards away

Easily enough room to pull in.

The only reason the OP is annoyed is because he knows he was tehnically in the wrong and can't stand the criticism……

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP hasn't done anything that bad when the 3rd lane is clear.

Motorcyclist is clearly on his way to heaven for his lane-discipline, as are some on here 🙄

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Bl**dy middle lane hogging lazy car drivers.

Cougar

he was speeding

Was he?

RustySpanner

As soon as we all accept that almost without exception, as soon as someone gets astride a motorbike behind the wheel of a car, they change their mentality completely, the easier it will be on our collective sanity.

T, FIFY 😀

pedalhead
    Free Member

It's bikers who think they have a god given right to filter in between lanes of traffic that piss me off. Saw one the other day making a big deal of shaking his head because someone in the right hand lane (dual carriageway, slow moving traffic) hadn't detected his presence (quite possibly in their blind spot) and thus hadn't moved his car to the outside edge of the lane to let this twunt through quite as quickly as he would have liked. News flash, d1ckhead, the car driver is not obliged to let you through.

Another biker gave me the patronising head-shake of twattishness when, in the slow lane of the motorway, I was outrageous enough to take a sip of my coffee and carefully place it back into the cup holder. As an ex-motorcyclist, sadly I do think many of them think they have far better road craft than anyone else. News flash..wrong! Bikers are just as twatty as anyone else on the roads, often more so.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF – do you have a motorcycle license?

You ( as demonstrated on numerous threads) have no idea about riding bikes.

The OP made a measured decision that the distance between him and the next slower moving vehicle was small enough to stay in the middle lane – he wasn't committing a motoring offence. The motorcyclist deliberately 'buzzed' him in an aggressive manner and was doing what motorcyclists do best.

I am interested in what other threads I have displayed 'no idea' about riding bikes TJ – please show me these occasions…

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

OH F***, OH F***, OH F*** – the day has finally arrived. I agree with M_F on something. People do change their mindset as soon as they get on a bike, not everyone, but most people do.

Molgrips was correct to do what they did when they were driving. It was good forward planning – something that very few people have.

I also agree with Rusty Spanner.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bikers are just as twatty as anyone else on the roads, often more so.

Not really the point herre though. He could have done the same in a car…..

Cougar

News flash, d1ckhead, the car driver is not obliged to let you through.

Perhaps not, but is there any reason not to do so other than spite?

pedalhead
    Free Member

The point is, he didn't see the biker straight away. He wasn't being spiteful about it. Must have taken all of 15 seconds or so for him to pull over, but this wasn't fast enough to avoid the head-shake of T.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molgrips – you could've have won the exchange with a big toothy grin and a proud thumbs up. (double thumbs is always a winner)

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Cougar – yes – safety.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

FYI, there are 1760 yards in a mile, so the OP had not far off 1/4 of a mile to pull in….. 8)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

MF – every time motorcycles are discussed and you join in. some blether about your pals who got bikes I remeber – they were waiting at a junction and a bike rider got impatient and passed them – and other threads as well

It is so clear that you have no idea about riding bikes – as is clear of many other car drivers on here.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Not really the point herre though. He could have done the same in a car…..

Not in this instance, it wasn't a case of the car moving lane, it was just to let the bike filter through in the middle of two lanes….if I understand your point correctly.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

TJ – surely you can admit that there are a load of cocks riding motorbikes.

falkirk-mark

Not reading all that but to the OP just remember when the motorcyclist does have an accident he will be the one taking second prize

Cougar

Obi_Twa > "safety" – care to elaborate?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Obi – indeed there are. Less than drive cars IME.

85% of car drivers are dangerous cocks, 70 % of bike riders?

Cougar

How many cyclists? (-:

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jeez TJ get back to weighing your handlebars.

chakaping
    Free Member

A lot of motorcyclists are pompous dickheads, a lot of car drivers have anger issues – and some of both are also cyclists it seems.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

MF – every time motorcycles are discussed and you join in. some blether about your pals who got bikes I remeber – they were waiting at a junction and a bike rider got impatient and passed them – and other threads as well

It is so clear that you have no idea about riding bikes – as is clear of many other car drivers on here.
    So the motorcyclist who 'overtook' my friend who was waiting at a junction was riding in a safe manner? Come off it.

Next example please.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well thanks for the support.. I personally believe in minimising lane changes when there's no disadvantage in doing so. If there are people behind me I do get over all the time – did it about 100 times this morning since it was busy and I was doing 70mph mostly.

TJ – I don't see the point in moving left then back right again when the road's empty. Are you one of these people who I see zig-zagging across the entire carriageway constantly, as if they are attached to the left hand lane with bungee cord just because THAT IS WHAT IT SAYS IN THE BOOK! Dogma is not good when it leads to something negative.

Molgrips – you could've have won the exchange with a big toothy grin and a proud thumbs up. (double thumbs is always a winner)

Ah yeah but that's what REALLY winds me up about it.. they only do it when they are way past you and you gesticulations are no longer visible in their tiny mirrors. So you have no comeback!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 270 total)

The topic ‘Bloody smug b***ard motorcyclist’ is closed to new replies.