Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bloody on-call!!
  • Spud

So woken up an hour ago, can't get back to sleep and it's a glorious morning. I can't ride till 9!!!!!! Argh!!!

spooky_b329

I've been on callout 1 week in 4 for the last two years. I've been called out twice early evening, and got woken up last month at 2am, but it wasn't my week and I'd just done an enduro event so chose not to volunteer 🙂 But it took me so long to get back to sleep I might as well have gone out and earned some extra cash…two hours I was lying there!

surfer
    Free Member

Why cant you ride till 9? Are you still on call?

I often ride locally for a couple of hours starting around 6. All the cheeky trails are empty!

Spud

Yup, don't finish till 9. Right nuisance!

uplink
    Free Member

I'm on call till 12 today

but on the flip side – on Friday I didn't have to start till 10 so I was on the trails in glorious weather before 6am

pedalhead
    Free Member

On call 2 weeks in 4 here. Can be a pain but it pays for bikes :-). My advice is… Think of the money!

spooky_b329

If you keep your phone on, you can still go out, no?

My company have never told me what the expected response time is, I will go maybe 1 hour drive from home. The fact I might be another hours ride from the car could be a problem…

Think of the money…exactly 🙂 I went on the callout when the overtime got reigned in…a week on call is about the same as two days overtime 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

If you keep your phone on, you can still go out, no?

Not really an option for me as phones really don't work in most of the places I go
    I can go for a run or a road ride but not really out on the mountain bike

Spud

What a cracking 3 hour ride that was! I have to be at home/ have www access as I have to respond within 15 minutes and have access to databases etc for emergency response.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bloody on-call!!’ is closed to new replies.