• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bloody kids!
  • MoreCashThanDash

MCJnr – aged 13, getting fitter, more confident, and taller (than me!)

Before the 6 weeks summer holiday: “Dad, can we get some longer rides in somewhere different in the holidays?”

All through the summer holidays – Neanderthal grunts from behind a tablet or screen but refuses to budge from settee

👿

Back to school today: ” Dad, can I try out those Aldi lights with you tonight?”

Still, an easy 9 miles tonight, heard owls, saw lots of rabbits, no doggers, Aldi lights work great and father and son both happy!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My lad is 13 and super fit. Much happier to come out for a bike ride now that he can keep up, on the pedally bits anyway. My issue is that his first love is diving, he trains 6 times a week and got his first national level medal this summer. About May time I had him at Comrie and he went over the bars, landing on a pile of rocks. He was fine but we can’t really take the risk of him not being able to train for a couple of months. Still been getting out but trying to be careful. I’m just glad he wants to keep it up, he’ll soon be using my bike.

Spin
    Free Member

Still, an easy 9 miles tonight, heard owls, saw lots of rabbits, no doggers,

Never mind. Better luck next time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bloody kids!’ is closed to new replies.