Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • grum
    Free Member

DD – forgot about them!

hora – why would Suarez leave now?

binners – which bit of Mourinho’s behaviour would be unacceptable? Is eye-poking much worse than lobbing stuff at people? He’s got the sulking and bullying bit down pretty well. 🙂

I reckon most Man U fans would forgive a lot if he won you some trophies – even playing dull football.

If the Liverpool team need any motivation prior to the Chelsea match, then surely that should do the trick. I really really can’t cope with seeing that. Anything but that!

Agreed. If Liverpool don’t win I’d much rather City did – not looking likely at the moment though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I reckon most Man U Liverpool fans would forgive a lot if he won you some trophies – even playing dull football.

FTFY

I think you can respect what he achieves and not wish to see them play every week

It depends its not that long since we won stuff that we are that desperate ……perhaps a decade of no trophies will change that

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon most Man U Liverpool fans would forgive a lot if he won you some trophies – even playing dull football.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fair point
    He gets results but his methods are not the most aesthetic but they may be the most successful

To be fair he has done wit with poorish strikers so it not like playing flowing expansionist football would have helped

We would be higher if he managed us but I doubt Liverpool would be.

Fair play to Brendan he has done a grand job and any footie fan would accept they have played the best – ie i would most like to watch them play than Chelsea,

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s oft said here JY, but we forgive a lot when results are going our way (all fans a bit guilty of this I think). Suarez being one of the prime examples (in recent years). I was one of the (while feeling guilty about it) “if we’re going to have a racist cannibal in the league, it might as well be ours” campers – but to be fair, I think he’s done a lot to help people forgive him (apart from the odd dive) – but he’s been largely well behaved, unselfish and not got involved when goaded by opposition fans and players. Is he any worse than Terry or Barton or Cantona, all of whom have been given shedloads of “second” chances? I dunno. I suspect that if Liverpool weren’t having such a cracking season with Coutinho and co. giving him and Sturridge lots of service, he might not be having such an easy ride either. “Bad Boys” always seem to behave much better when things are going their way.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he’s done a lot to help people forgive him (apart from the odd dive) – but he’s been largely well behaved, unselfish and not got involved when goaded by opposition fans and players.

Everyone dives at some point and he is no worse than the other worst offenders Yes YOUNG I mean you.
    He has changed – apparently his wife asked him why he acted like that on the pitch as it was not the man she knew and this was the impetus [ Banal 5live fact i have no proof]. I suspect he also feels loved by the club and fans. He needs a few more seasons though as he has been prone to outbursts at time but hopefully it is all behind him.

He did defend the Evra thing again though and insist he did nothing wrong in an interview but lets not go there again eh.
    Few doubted him as a player but the lad done good this season
    Its good for him and football .

Great player surely a shoe in for the awards this season……well either him or fellani 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He needs a few more seasons though

Agreed!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Abroad 8)

allthepies
    Free Member

😛

Sunderland you beauties!

Great loan deal by Liverpool 8)

MSP

Not only have Sunderland done Liverpool a big favour over the last 2 games, they may have saved themselves from the drop as well.

Still could be a twist left in how it finishes at both ends of the table yet though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Look, I realise all these feelings are hard to remember, but it’s kinda weird forming these temporary alliances for ninety minutes on various days when one’s team isn’t playing (apart from whoever is playing United of course…for JY and binbins, that one 😉 ).

If the title went to Liverpool, Sunderland may have been the team to hand it to them with two bloody amazing performances inside a week (having probably deserved a draw at Anfield). My new favourite other team. 😀

weeksy

Shocker! Brilliant by Sunderland! Thank you, scouse bloke.

MSP

Just had a quick look at the fixtures at the bottom of the league, reckon Sunderland now have a pretty good chance of survival, and Norwich are doomed.

It is the first time for quite a while I have taken any interest in how everything falls into place across the league as a whole. There has certainly been drama and tension this year, and it’s not over yet.

martinhutch

Just had a quick look at the fixtures at the bottom of the league, reckon Sunderland now have a pretty good chance of survival.

Why, are they playing Liverpool, Chelsea and City again? Sunderland’s issue has been losing cheaply to weaker teams…

But yes, Norwich have no hope IMO.

theotherjonv

Tough game for Liverpool tomorrow. Key game, they need at least a point and Norwich need the points badly too. It’s at these time where the ability on the team sheet doesn’t count, it’s the capacity to stand up to the pressure in a game that everyone has you odds on to win, where you simply can’t afford to let ‘what if’ doubts enter your mind. The sort of games that Ferguson excelled at. Can Rodgers do the same?

Conversely – win the next two games and you’re champions!!

Jamie
    Free Member

Caught the end of the Chelsea game, and…well…football, bloody hell!

Looks like everything is coming up Liverpool. Not my choice of winners, but they are certainly playing the best football at the moment.

donks
    Free Member

You know, as a Norwich fan I should be gunning for them to take anything away tomorrow just to give us a fighting chance but I can honestly say I think I actually want Liverpool to get the points to keep their title hopes going.

The canaries on the other hand have most of the top teams still to play so I’m betting we’re as good as sunk then it’s back to where we belong.

Jamie
    Free Member

You know, as a Norwich fan I should be gunning for them to take anything away tomorrow just to give us a fighting chance but I can honestly say I think I actually want Liverpool to get the points to keep their title hopes going.

Hmmm.

Delia wants a word.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0[/video]

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

otherjonv – not true. If Man City win their remaining games Liverpool need three wins and a draw to be certain, three wins and a defeat would see them tied on points…..and City’s goal difference is three better! Long way to go yet!

Jamie
    Free Member

Brendan Rodgers on Borini’s loan move to Sunderland (March 2014)

“Hopefully, in the future, Liverpool will benefit from it.”

theotherjonv

S_f; absolutely true, forgot city’s game in hand. Win the next two and they’ll be bloody close though!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep. Big game tomorrow – Norwich having to go for the win is probably favourable. Palace and Newcastle are both safe, might be a bit disinterested (actually Newcastle have been since December). I reckon it’ll go to the last day.

MrSmith
    Free Member

As a Chelsea fan I guess it would be good for Liverpool to win it as it’s been a long time and a new couple of generations of fans will need some new myth/history to talk about for the next decade or so while they wait for another trophy in their lifetime.

Chelsea were never favourites (neither were Liverpool) but I expect the chosen one to deliver next year when strikers (whichever ones they are) do what they are supposed to do and score goals, this season was always going to be a rebuild and there’s unlikely to be a sacking at the end of the season and Im certainly not going to be gutted.
    Unlike Liverpool if they don’t win, it will be like Newcastle all over again and another decade or 2 of looking back at what might have been.

Best thing about this season has been the dour faces of the jock messiahs doing their thing in Manchester and the turnaround of the mighty eagles, oh and fulham back where they belong 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Here’s hoping the lads at Norwich are absolutely petrified, have had no sleep and wish they could not go in today.

4 – 0.

Smashing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

history

You ain’t got none. 😀

As for moany joany…what an arsehole, eh?

Jamie
    Free Member

Chelsea were never favourites

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As a Chelsea fan I guess it would be good for Liverpool to win it as it’s been a long time and a new couple of generations of fans will need some new myth/history to talk about for the next decade or so while they wait for another trophy in their lifetime.

Ooh, get you! Chelsea hadn’t done bugger all for decades until a certain dodgy Russian decided they’d make a fine money laundering and London property vehicle.

PrinceJohn

Funny isn’t it how when Chelsea lost it’s anyone but their fault, as a City fan there are 2 reasons why if we don’t win I’d like to see Liverpool win – John Terry & Jose Mourhino, he’s become utterly unbearable this season.

grum
    Free Member

Sterling!!! What a goal! 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Poor old Delia.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

great to see, especially after Jose yesterday. This could be a rout.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Struggling somewhat with the burden of expectations 😉

God you liverpool fans must be proper excited.

Its a great game and few would have predicted this for them this season but they have been the best team and they do deserve it.

Interesting how you will cope with being champions and and extra 10 games in the season as it has helped you to not be in Europe IMHO. Still lets take nothing away from them this season they have been the best team.
    Some scintillating forward play and they have won playing in style everyone prefers – compared to Chelsea anyway

allthepies
    Free Member

Defence is as shaky as though.

Edit: See!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

(Hijack ATP – saw you comments on Punchbowl yesterday. I was walking dogs on h’down on Friday evening and came across evidence of some hidden berms and jumps. A bit worn down now, but looked like they could have been fun. Any ideas who does that kind of stuff? Moderately hidden away but guess last ridden during winter.)

PrinceJohn

This is good, not over yet…

Edit: maybe I spoke to soon, epically harsh delection.

bearnecessities

😀

martinhutch

Yes it is…

PrinceJohn

Ummm?

johnj2000
    Free Member

This is horrible

allthepies
    Free Member

Johnston you nobber

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.