Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

JY Torres and Shevchenko where Abramovich buys, do we think he’s still calling the transfer shots ?

I doubt it but not sure how relevant that is to my point tbh

My guess is Morinho insisted he runs the transfers so if Falcoa is going there it will be his doing.

Agree

It could all be a bluff mind to try and get ManU to pay up.

The deal has ended they dont want him
    TBH who on earth would pay that fee and those wages for what he did last year?
    A strange deal IMHO

what did mufc actually win last season?

Nothing but the goal was CL football and they got it
    I assume this was the minimum Liverpool goal and the failed

No one could argue it was a great result by man U and they are , at best, a work in progress. However liverpool clearly went backwards and UTD went fwd [ we can debate how far these steps were but not the direction.

pryally
    Free Member

I think the league tabe was a fair indication of the performance of both teams over the season. Trying to be unbiased (assumming de gea has gone) I think there would only be rooney who I would want in the Liverpool team (and maybe the manager)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Soooo, Arsenal to finish second this year ?

tiggs121
    Free Member

Top 4 will be in the same order as last season.

Liverpool are way off the pace. Sterling should be sold – he doesn’t do enough.

£35m is too much!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Liverpool will take the £40 from Citeh….they have no choice. The way inflation is going in Footie, it may well turn out to be a bargain for Citeh.

I’d love to see Arsenal making a proper challenge for the title this year, but unless something changes within the team, I just don’t see enough strength of mind in the team to achieve it. Jack Wheelchair’s England performance may give him the confidence to move to the next level, but can he stay injury free? I can’t see Man U improving on 4th and you just know the ‘loathsome one’ will propel his team into the top two minimum.

The ‘unknown’ is Citeh who may struggle… or may find some consistency….depending on the Dressing Room mood. I like Pellegrini, but am not convinced of his ability to motivate the Prima Donnas like JM does.

Anyway, when do The Ashes start? 8)

66deg
    Free Member

binners – Member

66deg – because its funny

Are you sure? it could simply be fags and pies withdrawal symptoms. 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

bump, hope Sterlings enjoying this 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

😀

Indeed heard Stuart Pearce on the radio this morning saying what a good move it had been for Sterling.

Congrats to Liverpool, a quality spanking of City in front of their own fans

wanmankylung
    Free Member

MOTD will be good tonight.

loddrik
    Free Member

Klopp. You’ve made us believers. Given us hope. And it helps that unlike Rodgers, you clearly know how to manage a football team.

gavinpearce
    Free Member

Loddrik – ‘Like’

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

A new messiah then! Never mind the home defeat to Palace the game before….

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Backheels and pretty much walking the ball into the net. It was truly wonderful to watch.

martinhutch

Klopp. You’ve made us believers. Given us hope. And it helps that unlike Rodgers, you clearly know how to manage a football team.

Hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/WelcomeToLiverpoolBrendanRodgers/

Cletus

Fair play to Clippety he has got them playing his high tempo pressing game really well.

Pelligrini’s team selection made it easy for them though. Mangala and Sagna looked (understandably) out of sorts and Demichelis was very rusty. Playing Yaya and Fernando in front of them gave them little protection.

Lucky that Hart was at the races or it could have easily been 6 or more.

The league is wide open – interesting times.

chestrockwell

It had more to do with MC being defensively awful than anything else but I like Klopp so good result. Still think Liverpool will struggle for top four though and MC will finish above them.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Scouse **** are clearly going to win the league and the lot this season now 😯

Disgraceful display today, standard for the match after the international break though. Its a worry though, West Ham, Villa and now the Dippers.

PrinceJohn

I think Brendan’s downfall was finishing 2nd, Suarez getting peckish at the world cup and then not having the resources to complete in the champions league and the premier league.
    The same will happen to klopp after the fa cup gets started/next season should they get that top 4 place.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

6-1 away to Southampton tonight. No bad.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Are you still going to win the League this season?

What happened to the cricket score?

There was talk of the first double figure scoreline in EPL history. 🙄

martinhutch

#kloppout

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just thought I’d wake this one up…

Beginning of the end for Klopp?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sounded like a truely dire game. First shot on target was in the 89th minute. Liverpool own goal preceeded that but doesn’t count in those stats.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I will be trying to grab MOTD2 later on to have a look myself, my folks were actually dreading heading down to the Toon before hand but very happy after 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Also Newcastle are a decent side, they are onky 2 points behind Chelsea 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah Liverpool are crap though 9pts behind Leicester not exactly progress, still we will build on this with 2 sendings off and conceding 9 against spurs next week.

satchm00
    Free Member

This thread still has great character.

Watty

This thread still has great character.

And history 😆

binners

I watched the Southampton game with a scouse mate. By the second half she was doing ‘The Scouse Thing’, as we like to call it. otherwise known as ’Its Our Season’ syndrome. They just can’t help themselves.

Embracing the moment, after she said they would definitely be challenging for the title this season, I said she should put her money where her mouth is. She did and put twenty quid on definitely finishing Top Four! The bloody fool!

Yesterday was a reality intrusion. She’s been quiet. Normal service will now be resumed. Sturridge will pick up an injury next week that’ll keep him out till February. Benteke will carry on being Benteke, so they’ll have to resort to the traditional ‘hoof it up front to the big man’ thats so easy to defend against

The defence will be the leakiest in the premiership, with Skertl contributing at least another 4 own goals

You’ll finish 7th

Again

😆

martinhutch

But did you take the counter-bet that Utd would score more than half a dozen goals in the remainder of the season? 😀

binners

I think thats probably over optimistic! We’d already started ironically doing the old one nil to the Arsenal chant. We now seeem to see if we can play out a nil nil every week. Dire! The ‘highlights’ on MOTD are mercifully brief.

But then we’re a bit more realistic than those at the other end of the M62. Everton, who are quietly getting on with it, without the Hyperbole, will finish above Liverpool

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

But did you take the counter-bet that Utd would score more than half a dozen goals in the remainder of the season?

Odds too short to make it worth it I should think. Anyway, we know binners’ opinions are so clouded with obsessive hatred that they merit little attention and he needs diversion from the boredom of Van Gaal’s tactics.

Anyway, no doubt Klopp has been good for Liverpool – but Newcastle just did what Liverpool have been doing for the last half dozen games. They pressed and hassled them, won the ball back and ground out a bloody good win for them considering how shit they are these days. And in the face of it, Liverpool had no answer – Alan Green righty pointed out that anyone thinking they could have a title challenge should be looking at that game. Liverpool are an average side with a few very good players but nobody world class. 5th or 6th would be a good finish, top four would be miraculous, and highly unlikely.

History jokes aside, the reality facing Liverpool is that if they go another say, 5 years without a title, their past successes really do start to become a historical rather than living memory thing. The Anfield faithful might delude themselves into thinking they somehow deserve to be a “big club” but the reality is they’re nowhere near punching with the established top 4. Not with that squad. Too much dead weight that needs to be pruned. Their wage bill for players that do little or nothing must be staggering.

Still, Klopp’s tenure has been enjoyable thusfar.

And we get to laugh at Chelsea losing at home to Bournemouth – this season really couldn’t happen to nicer team, manager and set of supporters. A few of whom remain very quiet on STW this season.

Other than that, does anyone still believe it’s actually a good league anymore? It’s a bit shite isn’t it? The worry long term on a national level, is that the EPL is becoming a graveyard for careers – look at world class players like Fabregas, Hazard to mention a few – now being barracked as shite because everything has to be won NOW! (They’re both still earning a fortune I presume.) Hardly a world-class game changing English player on display in the top five or six teams

loum
    Free Member

Going back a bit but…

PrinceJohn – Member

…I think Brendan’s downfall was finishing 2nd, Suarez getting peckish at the world cup and then not having the resources to complete in the champions league and the premier league.
    The same will happen to klopp after the fa cup gets started/next season should they get that top 4 place.

I think Brenda’s downfall was wearing eyeliner and getting botox.
    Might be the in thing at the other end of the motorway but he lost the city with them moves (and with the “reason” behind it)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

This season could be the season for anyone still in touch by January (sorry Jose) nobody is being consistent apart from Leicester.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Leicester won’t win the title and even qualification for Europe would be a miracle. All their “tilt” shows is that the public would welcome a competitive league, not necessarily that it is one. Normal order will be restored by March, with the possibility that Chelsea may finish outside the top 4 (we can but pray). If that happens, whoever fills the spot (Spurs most likely perhaps) better enjoy it…it can’t happen twice in a row given the way the league works.

Junkyard
    Free Member

We now seeem to see if we can play out a nil nil every week.

to be fair we do highly controlled 0-0 like no other team on the planet

Ist like he thinks the aim is no goals conceited and whoever had the ball the longest wins

Klopp is a good fit for Pool and they were unlucky yesterday – belting disallowed goal and IMHO they have enough flair players that if they can get some stability they can challenge in the near future

Chelsea who knows what is happening there but I think the players are just wary of Jose. Great when he is winning you will put up with him but when you are shit you see him and his methods for what they are…annoying.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Ist like he thinks the aim is no goals conceited and whoever had the ball the longest wins

Whilst it’s rubbish to watch, I reckon as a platform to build on it’s a hell of a lot netter than the cub scout attacking football other teams seem to be playing this year.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Chelsea who knows what is happening there

It is baffling to be fair. Same squad as last season more or less but absolutely dross this year. Yes, Ivanovic and Terry are a year slower but the rest of that team should be banging in goals for fun really.

I reckon Eva Carneiro was highly rated and well liked by the players and her treatment by Jose and the club has damaged the relationship between him/club/squad.

binners

I reckon Eva Carneiro was highly rated and well liked by the players and her treatment by Jose and the club has damaged the relationship between him/club/squad.

Rumours put her as quite bit more than ‘liked’ by a certain players, which was the real reason that Jose got shut so clumsily and inexplicably. This has led to something of an atmosphere in the dressing room.

I’m loving Joses post match interviews. The ramblings of a paranoid madman. Its a good job Fergies not still around. He’d probably have driven him insane by now 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

To be fair to Man U they are still in the hunt, a pretty ordinary Chelsea won the league last year. I do find all the talk of lining up the next manager a bit strange, sign of the times I suppose. Ditto with City.

Fabregas had a good season last year but if he was really world class Barcelona wouldn’t have sold him (he wasn’t even a regular starter) and Arsenal would have had him back. Hazard hasn’t scored now for 25 matches (so I read). I don’t see how Chelsea could turn their season round with January buys and there is the issue that they cannot be sure they will have Champions League football so may struggle to attract good players.

EDIT: I find it hard to believe the rough treatment metered oit to the club doctor is the root of Chelseas problems. I cant really see any of todays footballers or indeed the management of a club like Chelsea caring two hoots about the doctor. She did a daft thing and should have known better, she didn’t deserve the response. The club doctor is eminently expendable

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.