Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Like last year ?

andymc06
    Free Member

Binners. The classic bitter Manc. Spends more time talking about Liverpool than his own team……

binners

One off. While everyone else was in transition. If you note my prediction (earlier on this thread) at the start of the season. I said that normal service would be resumed, we’d be top four, Liverpool would be seventh (6th… Who cares) and at least 15 points behind Chelski.

I’ll predict 7th again next season, at best, as Rodgers continues to go backwards, after spending the money from Stirling on another bunch of donkey’s, and waaaaaaaay off the top four

Quite happy to take your money if you fancy putting it on a different outcome?

Mid-table club. With a top four delusion and wage structure

Edit: bitter? I’ll be bitter if you won owt. Not much chance of that. I just think it’s funny. The delusion! It’s incredible(ly amusing) 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Liverpool are still a massive club and to claim otherwise is madness

They have not had the success they deserve but to compare them to those teams is just an attempt to rile their fans

Depending on who they buy they will still struggle to break into the top 4 as it is about money and they dont have as much as the others.

I think they will be 5th next season.

City may go backwards though and IMHO LvG is erratic and I am fence sitting about his brilliance. We did well because others were poor and almost never looked potent…one good month basically.

andymc06
    Free Member

See that’s how you do a credible post….. 🙂

binners

5th? Woooohoooooo!!!! The Europa league!!!! With players on 200k a week?

Mid-table club. Stoke with delusions of grandeur

I’ll stick with 7th. And Milner being their best player, after Rodgers signs another bunch of overpriced hoofers who fail to deliver. Again.

Thursday night. Channel 5. In Lithuania 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Probably best to save your gloating till we are in the CL proper

binners

For this season, not having to fly to the Ukraine on a Thursday for a game to be shown on channel 5 will do 😀

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I presume it’s already been posted, but the RAWK meltdown twitter account is well worth following (a selection of posts by Liverpool fans on the Red And White Kop forum)

I don’t hold anything against any football club, but in my experience Liverpool seem to be have more than their fair share of delusional fans.. couple of genuine quotes from two diff fans in the pub last weekend..

“No disrespect but Liverpool are probably the biggest club in the world, and deserve to be winning the league every year.”

“Liverpool have the best fans in the world, far more devoted than any other club.”

Cletus

As a City fan I am sad to see Jimmy go. He did a great job for us and had games where he really starred to belie his workmanlike image (Bayern away a couple of years ago springs to mind).

In some ways I admire his conviction that he would rather play in his favoured position (central midfield) for a second tier team than play for one of the top sides in the country.

He will be missed at City and I just hope that we replace him with someone with a similar attitude and commitment.

Good luck Jimmy – hope you do not live to regret it!

voodoo_chile

Man utd have gone for LvG who rightly so has a proven track record in world football and will continue to do so ,Liverpool have gone for Rodgers who done nothing at Swansea apart continue Martinez’s philosophy and get sacked at Reading for a run of poor results ….Suarez made Liverpool that season nothing else …. Rodgers should of done the honourable thing after this third season ,like he said judge me after 3 seasons ….
    Agree with binners (manc bugger! ) got it all spot on

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Rodgers quote after the Stoke game was pretty funny/deluded..

“I have always said if the owners want me to go I will go.”

Seems to be implying that he thinks his bosses can’t sack him, instead he’ll generously decide to walk..

razorrazoo

Which Liverpool players are on £200k? I’d hazard a guess at none of them.

This thread has gone from a reasonably sensible discussion to a parody of a tabloid comments section. United fans are always more interested in Liverpool than their own club 😛

binners

You just keep telling yourself that. We’re actually more interested in watching a team that wins stuff, or at least is there or there-abouts – with an admittedly indulgent side-line in watching a team that used to win stuff, a long long time ago, and bizarrely thinks it has some God-given right to do so, while at the same time being consistently shite*

Mid-table club. Still a mid-table club no matter how much you pay James Milner. 7th at best next season. Possibly 11th if Newcastle get a decent manager, and Stoke have a bit of a run 😆

* tonked by Villa and Palace, then getting utterly gubbed by Stoke 5 nil by half time

allthepies
    Free Member

Danny Ings signed

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Couple of not bad signings. Keep signing that quality of player and next season could be the season. 😉 How funny would it be if Liverpool won the league the season after Gerrard left the club. 😀

stewartc
    Free Member

I presume it’s already been posted, but the RAWK meltdown twitter account is well worth following (a selection of posts by Liverpool fans on the Red And White Kop forum)

Thanks, that’s killing a boring evening in the office, so funny.

weeksy

My worry with Ings is that he’s basically a 2nd tier striker at best. He’s going to bring you a few goals… but only that…. He’s a Borini/Lambert, not a Suarez…. I must admit, it’s a bit of an underwhelming signing that

binners

😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Recently Man U have won what exactly ? 😉

Must get your voucher organised, will use you email address here.

weeksy

I think Rodgers got confused with the planned

“we want signings” was the banner

not

“we want sign Ings”

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Liverpool face Stoke, Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester City in their first seven Premier League away games and the bookies have Rodgers as the favourite to be the first top-flight manager to leave his post.

binners

*wanders to the bookies to see the odds of Liverpool being bottom of the table at the end of the first week, with a goal difference of -5*

😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tough start for them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My seat neigbour at work (very big Liverpool fan) just made a similarly negative comment binners. Rodgers will be sharpening his excuses already.

binners

First match at the Britannia? You can bet your life Sparky will be looking to start the season the same way he finished the last. They’ll be well up for it! Liverpool could start the season with an absolute battering! Worryingly that battering could also represent their easiest game out of the next 7 😀

66deg
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Falcao for Chelski? What odds on him ripping up the Man U defence?.

binners

66deg – because its funny 😆

Might have another punt on Falcoa being the highest scorer in the premiership next season too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

2 injury prone 30 goals per season hot-heads. the special one will make that work.
    he’s looking at the bigger picture of europe not just trying to be in the top 5 and be the biggest team in the city. 😉

mrhoppy

It’s harsh of Stoke to enforce the follow on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I will be amazed if Falcoa has a radical transformation into world beater and Chelsea have a reputation of doing this with strikers see also Shevchenko, Torres etc

he looked pretty poor tbh though he was once world class

dragon
    Free Member

He’ll only be a back up to Costa anyway, like Drogba was this season.

Are Liverpool the new Newcastle? Over excited fans and under performing team.

jambalaya
    Free Member

JY Torres and Shevchenko where Abramovich buys, do we think he’s still calling the transfer shots ? My guess is Morinho insisted he runs the transfers so if Falcoa is going there it will be his doing. It could all be a bluff mind to try and get ManU to pay up.

binners

Are Liverpool the new Newcastle? Over excited fans and under performing team.

Newcastle fans are at least realistic, if giddy. Liverpool fans live in cloud cockoo-land. They’re a mid-table team, with delusions of mediocrity, who might sneak into the top four once every 6 or 7 years, if everyone else has a really bad season.

MrSmith
    Free Member

they are an arsenal but without the cup wins, nice stadium or charismatic manager.
    they have ‘history’ though which as every kopite knows is more important than winning the premiership.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Just seen that Man City are offering £35.5M or Raheem, and Liverpool are expected to turn it down!? £35 million?!!!?? Take it and run!

binners

They value him at 50 million. See what I mean about cloud-cuckoo-land?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_0Ta_DIWuU[/video]

pryally
    Free Member

I know I’m going to regret this but what did mufc actually win last season? And if Liverpool were ‘tonked’ by Villa and Stoke how does that compare to what Everton and Wimbledon did to MUFC…

binners

Hang on…. we’ve got one!!!!

Would you like to talk about just those 4 specific games? Or can we widen the remit a bit?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.