Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

did you hear the fan on talk sport with Stan Collymore?

binners

Was he discussing dogging?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

James Milner for nowt seems like good business

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed. Respect to him for wanting first team football rather than sitting on the sidelines of a potential championship team and the Champions League

pete68
    Free Member

Maybe free but reportedly on £200,000 a week. More than he was on at city. Seems a ridiculous amount for a player who’s hardly a really top player.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

It will be like another Glen Johnson signing. Couple of seasons he will look like a good signing but the last 2 will be neverending £200k per week for that???? Its near impossible to get someone like that off the books so you have to write it off even if they aren’t good enough. That’s £40m over 4yrs, wow!!

At least with Johnson off the books now it will be £100k per week towards Milners wages.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

40m over 4 years total, 200k a week is probably bollocks to, what would he have cost on the open market?

gonzy
    Free Member

seen a few news articles saying he’ll be getting around 120k per week with a signing on fee included

chestrockwell

Reports suggest that he was offered 165k at Manchester City but accepted a lower offer from Liverpool as he’s more chance of games.

Good lad is James and he’ll be worth his wage.

MSP

Milner is an underrated player, and has been underutilized by city and England, for England especially a lot of the work he puts in and the runs he makes have always been ignored by his team mates as they look to pass to the bigger names.

mrmoofo

It was 165k at Citeh – and I doubt he has gone to Liverpool for much less …
    Less face it , Liverpool are very desperate …

However he’s a great buy for LFC and he will be a real loss for us as Citeh …..

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

It’s not exactly an exciting signing though is it. You’ve lost Gerrard , and you’re replacing him with Milner….

He’s decent, but he wouldn’t get in the teams of any of the clubs ahead of you. Arsenal wanted him as a squad player , LFC have clearly guaranteed him a starting place.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Milner? He’s toilet. Really awful, over rated player.

I think he’ll do well at Liverpool.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Jack of all trades master of none.

He will be on £200k+ a week with his signing on fee. He ain’t taken a pay cut on what City were offering, lollerpool fans are deluded if they think he took a paycut to join them to play week in week out.

binners

Can I just say, as a United fan, how happy I am that Rodgers is safe in his job. If he spends the same money as last time, for the same improvement in resulting form, you’ll be 11th next season. If you’re lucky

You’re paying Milner 200k a week? Fantastic! He’s definitely a 200k a week player. Like Andy Carrol was definitely a £35 million striker! 😆

RickDraper
    Free Member

United fans cannot laugh, look at some of the shit Ferguson bought, Bebe, veron, Anderson, Zaha.

binners

We really can, you know. Looks like the comedy is set to continue. 2 words…. Mario Ballotelli 😆

RickDraper
    Free Member

He was ok when he played for us, had some good chants as he scored some good goals and we were able to laugh about him. Cannot even laugh about him at lollerpool as he isn’t doing anything funny and is worse than Falcao LOL.

slackalice
    Free Member

Does it really matter what he’s being paid each week? 🙄

Honestly, you Liverpool haterz are behaving like Raheem Sterling! Given that Milner is a free transfer, is a hard working professional and undoubtedly easier to manage and motivate than the aforementioned and overrated kid, then IMO, Milner is a good free signing for ‘Pool.

Sell Sterling to Rafa this summer and let the greedy and self-important youngster get found out and wanting, pocket the extortionate amount of moolah and look to the market for a goal scorer.

Haterz will always be haterz, but at least I’ve got Bob Paisley’s autograph 😉

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Yeah but Sterling is a decent player. You’re seriously comparing Milner with him?

slackalice
    Free Member

Yes 😀 Read my post. 😉

muggomagic

It seems to me that Rodgers offering Milner £200k per week is purely out of spite to Sterling, a bit like your ex girlfriend snogging a bloke in front of you at a party. You don’t care, but it makes them feel like they’re getting one over on you.

hard working professional and undoubtedly easier to manage and motivate than Sterling

Has football gone that mad, that supporters now consider these qualities are good value for around £10 million a year?

chestrockwell

Can I just say, as a United fan,

Is that West Ham, Newcastle or Southend?

mrmoofo

You’re paying Milner 200k a week? Fantastic! He’s definitely a 200k a week player. Like Andy Carrol was definitely a £35 million striker!

However he will be good value compared to Falcao, De Maria and Anderson. And Berbatov, and Rafael, and van Persie ….

I love ManYoo pitching in about other teams squandering money ….

Junkyard
    Free Member

All teams make mistakes with players and you cannot really attack a partisan post with an equally partisan post

Decent player and he is only a tiny bit below being a top top player.
    He wont improve the team that much if at all IMHO

Is he worth the wage no but none of the EPL players are

binners

However he will be good value compared to Falcao, De Maria and Anderson. And Berbatov, and Rafael, and van Persie ….

VP? Is that the same VP that pretty much won the Premiership single-handed?

Falcao, and after an initial flourish, De Maria, have been bloody awful. Falcoa particularly. But then we never actually bought him. He was on loan.

The bizarre, and less commented on thing about that is, that its got Ashley Young and Fellaini (both the much maligned Moyes purchases) playing really well towards the back end of the season, to keep them both (deservedly) out of the starting line-up. So every cloud….

Offering Milner 200k may indeed wind Sterling up, and god knows he deserves it, but it’ll put a good few other money-obsessed noses out of joint too, I suspect

MSP

Ashley Young and Fellaini (both the much maligned Moyes purchases)

Ashley Young was bought a few years before Moyes wasn’t he?

In fact I can definitely remember Fergie trying to keep a straight face while claiming he didn’t dive on quite a few occasions.

binners

True, but was generally maligned last season under Moyes, but was regularly putting in man of the match performances, while keeping Di Maria out of the squad

scaredypants

Milner is journeyman stodge IMO, solid but never going to be great – as is most of citeh’s squad, and they really need to get some pace in their set-up and playing style

I think he’ll be OK for Liverpool and citeh probably better balanced without (depending who comes in, of course)

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fellani is great if you play to his strength which is lump it up to the big man
    He wants to be the new carrick- always says Def Mid is his best position- I remain unconvinced of him in this role

Young has been great this season as well

senorj

I think Milner is a decent signing , but the wages are pretty daft.Fair play to him.At least he tries.
    Him and Henderson should give Coutiniho more freedom.
    Hopefully Raheem will be a big success at utd. 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

RVP won the league for Man U !

Teams need solid midfield players, Carrick (ex Spurs saldy they couldn’t keep him). I mean look at Keane or Vierra hardly Zidanne or Messi where they but absolutely vital in their respective teams.

Milner will be a success and his signing is good business.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I haven’t paid much attention to James Milner during his career, but if he does half the job that Hamman or Lucas did at their best then it’ll be a worthwhile signing.

lunge

Milner is a brilliant signing for Liverpool. An international, signed on a free, who is a consistent performer at that level. He’s a model pro and is a whole lot better than much of Liverpool’s current squad. Is he has good as an on song Stirling? No, but he is better more often.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

The question is this – will he be better this season than Gerrard was last season? Can’t be too difficult, so jobs a goodun.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Falcoa particularly. But then we never actually bought him. He was on loan.

just the £13m on wages though 😉 – which is how this argument started 😆

chestrockwell

And the loan fee that I believe was more then most teams pay to buy a player!

mrmoofo

With Falcao wasn’t the signing on fee 25 mill?
    Not such a bargain …

It could have been worse – you could have bought Malanga ….

razorrazoo

Where do people get all this info on wages and signing on fees from?

I assume the clubs and players don’t immediately tell the press as soon as they have inked a contract exactly how much they are on and how the payment is structured. If only so the rest of the players in the team don’t immediately get the hum because player X is on 50% more than them.

I am pretty sure a lot of the high end numbers are A) wildly inaccurate and B) headline figures linked to various performance and playing bonuses.

FWIW as a Liverpool fan in think and hope the Milner signing will be a good one. Like all clubs we’ve made some stinkers in the past, only we can less afford expensive mistakes than Manyoo and the oil money plastics.

binners

The thing is that United can afford to sign the likes of Falcoa, even if it doesn’t work because they’re a big club/title challengers/top four/champions league club.

Liverpool, despite perpetually gazing back to the long-since-over glory days, are a mid table club with delusions of mediocrity, who will be competing for position with Swansea, Stoke (6-1), and Crystal Palace

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.