Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Liverpool should buy that long haired fella, who scored twice for West Ham at the weekend.

binners

How much longer can they rely on Stevie G?

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah well, there’s always next year.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Stuart Downing and Andy Carol will be in the CL where there belong next year

binners

Not just that Jamie. There’s always Thursday night on channel 5

jambalaya
    Free Member

Liverpool played better with 10 men, perhaps that’s the answer

Jamie
    Free Member

Not just that Jamie. There’s always Thursday night on channel 5

Ooof! I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

…well, maybe Sp*rs.

Rockape63
    Free Member

What did I miss? I was watching the Gunners scoring some fab goals for a change.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Decent interview from Stevie G. Good lad

postierich
    Free Member

Shame that result 🙂

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Apart from when he said they were short of numbers! What’s he been smoking?! They signed about 10 players in the summer.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

If you turn over to ITV+1 you’re still in the Champions League

Jamie
    Free Member

If you turn over the ITV+1 you’re still in the Champions League

Heh.

Klunk
    Free Member

when is sterling going to learn how to run properly ? #runslikeagirl

binners

Just thought I’d post up some Rodgers classics from the post match interviews….

“The second half the players were magnificent”

“With 10 men and in that final half-hour we were outstanding”

“The Europa League is still a prestigious tournament”

Hope they’re as ‘magnificent’ and ‘outstanding’ on Sunday

😆

Have they reached Peak Brendon

weeksy

I may be busy on Sunday now….

Not sure I can cope with a mauling !

Rockape63
    Free Member

I may be busy on Sunday now….

Not sure I can cope with a mauling !

its got 3-3 written all over it!

binners

You’re banking on 3 Stevie G free kicks, just outside the area?

Junkyard
    Free Member

3 goals ….3 goals we dont even have that many shots in a game

weeksy

its got 3-3 written all over it!

I’d take that…

In all honesty I sit here and wonder what’s happened to the team, the attacking wingers, the runners, the fluid passing.

Last night wasn’t unusual lately, every pass sideways, possession but nothing to show for it. Any forward passes to attackers (ish) but 30 yards out with their backs to goal and man-marked.

For the life of me I can’t work out why Rodgers isn’t seeing the same things all the fans are seeing, the inability of Allen to do anything, the lack of running anywhere else. Henderson being on a nightmare streak. The fact in a MUST WIN game he didn’t even have a backup option to bring on.

I accept you have to blame the players, but surely they can’t be this bad week in week out without someone telling them to play in a particular way.

As much as I see Sturridge helping… he’s a long way from the answer.

I love Rodgers, love his ‘style’…. but what exactly has happened to his style of football ? I dunno. I saw his Swansea side demolish Liverpool not long before he became manager, at times they’ve continued with that style of play.

Liverpool though have forgotten how to play completely.

Junkyard
    Free Member

In all honesty I sit here and wonder what’s happened to the team, the attacking wingers, the runners, the fluid passing.

Its hard to tell which team you are describing with that.
    You did not mention defend so it must be Man U

The reality is tale the SAS out the team and you were pretty average. Hardly a criticism tbh. Take rooney and RvP from us and we are pretty average.
    IMHO teams win because they have players who can win tight games just on their own. Liverpool had three Stevie G, Suarez and sturridge

martinhutch

Last night wasn’t unusual lately, every pass sideways, possession but nothing to show for it. Any forward passes to attackers (ish) but 30 yards out with their backs to goal and man-marked.

Shape was dismal, passing was laboured, movement off the ball virtually non-existent. No-one trying to take the defenders on.

Utd are playing shit and winning right now. Your lot must be bricking it for the big game.

weeksy

The reality is tale the SAS out the team and you were pretty average

Agree. However the performances lately are a long way from even that !

Edric64
    Free Member

Shearer and Sheringham ?

binners

I think there are a lot of comparisons with Moyes last season. Someone who’s looking at a run of dire results, a team going backwards, yet has that look of someone who hasn’t a clue what to do about it. Other than keep playing exactly the same, and hoping for the best.

His tactics*, and starting line up were absolutely bizarre for a ‘must win’ game. Which he then compounded by inexplicable substitutions

* The word is used figuratively in this instance

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shearer and Sheringham ?

It was shearer and Sutton originally iirc
    Either woudl be an improvement on what is n offer currently at pool

weeksy

It was shearer and Sutton originally iirc
    Either woudl be an improvement on what is n offer currently at pool

Even now I’d be tempted to say it’s STILL better than Ballo !

Junkyard
    Free Member

Probably more mobile as well

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I remember when Sutton went for 5m to Blackburn and smashed the transfer record. my grandad was livid

jambalaya
    Free Member

Shearer and Sutton, Sheringham never played club football with Shearer (may have played together for England)

I too remember Sutton breaking the transfer record, and Francis being the first £1m player. How times have changed. They make more than £1m a month in wages now

dragon
    Free Member

Sheringham never played club football with Shearer (may have played together for England)

How can you forget them taking apart a quality Dutch team at Euro 96? England’s greatest moment for about the last 20 years. They scored 2 each, which is probably as many in one big tournament game as Rooney will ever score over multiple tournaments.

Apparently Teddy is now coaching at West Ham and been working with Carroll on his movement. So lets see if last weekend was a flash in the pan, or part of a rejuvenation.

binners

Team news is that Rodgers has dropped Mignolet, is going to play a back 3, with sterling as a striker. Given how awful our defence is (now with Jones back to compound matters) I reckon Gary Neville could be right about this being a pub match! Should be interesting. It sure the hell won’t be nil nil!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I was living in Brum when trev broke the £1m barrier!

On my run this morning, I was thinking how this match has changed in importance now. Still will be fun to watch between dressing the tree and writing appraisals!

Jamie
    Free Member

I quite like the look of that new Man U signing, Mullarkey is it? 😛

Klunk
    Free Member

raheem needs to take those high heels off !

Jamie
    Free Member

martinhutch

Oh dear.

Taxi for Mr Rodgers!

Jamie
    Free Member

Not a vintage year for defenders.

Man U, eh? Sneaky little switcheroo merchants.

martinhutch

I thought I was being generous when I predicted fourth this year for MU.

lemonysam
    Free Member

A lot of luck and still not a vintage/remotely passable defensive performance but I have to say I think the result was pretty fair.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.