Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Depends. Is that the injured half?

weeksy

I can’t really take this one in. Part of me is very very excited. Part of me is astounded and part of me is terrified!

One thing is for sure, he is a class player and will score if you give him the ball.

Flop or hero, not sure. But Liverpool have a history of taking players that were cast away and making them into superstars. Let’s hope this is the next one.

Blackhound

And if they now get £14m back for Borini it has not cost a lot other than wages.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

He came from the future….

Jamie
    Free Member

Ooooof!

MSP

I was worried that I had wasted having Aguero, not just in my fantasy team but as captain, but 2 goals in 2 games while barely being on the pitch, no need to.

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s back on!

johnj2000
    Free Member

The only consolation for me this evening is that I have Aguero in my FF line up 🙁

johnj2000
    Free Member

Somehow I think not jamie, however I sense a little sarcasm in your comment 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

If Ricky Lambo had drilled that chance, rather than passing it, it would have still been on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like the last thing Liverpool need is to have to play another five minutes. 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

Hard to see past City or Chelsea this season, but Spurs are top of the league! 😯 I seriously can’t remeber the last time I saw that. They must have nose bleeds.

MSP

Playing a beatles song at the end, that’s really rubbing it in 😆

wanmankylung
    Free Member

For the first time in a long time I switched a Liverpool game off. It was to watch the referendum debate though.

binners

The choice of music did make me laugh! 😆

City looked dangerous every time they attacked. Liverpool didn’t. And still looked nearly as ropey at the back as us. Nearly. City and Chelsea are going to be god knows how many points clear of arsenal or spurs finishing third.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s early in the season to be gloating, but they were far and away the better side tonight. Aguero is a class act (in club colours, even if he disappoints on the international stage) – City have scoring options coming out of their arses – should be an interesting fight between themselves and Chelsea over the season.

binners

deadlydarcy – Member

It’s early in the season to be gloating

Is it still too early? 😀 Dear god! Liverpool are absolutely bloody awful! They’re even worse than us at the back. Christ knows how you got a win against QPR on Sunday. You should have been 3 down by half time. And last night, you could have played another 90 minutes and never looked like scoring. Its a good job Real decided to put their feet up and just have a bit of a kick about for the second half.

Ballotelli looks like a complete liability. His work rate makes Berbatov look hyperactive. But the rest of the squad look like they’ve gone backwards at a rate of knots since last season

Whats happened then, scousers?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Three soft goals really. Ronaldo’s finish was top drawer but why would you leave the number 10 free on the edge of your box to play whatever pass he liked. The two other goals where a joke especially the third one. Suarez was always going to be impossible to replace but the overall decline in the side has been dramatic. Balotelli might be doing the defense a favour by taking the press headlines away from them, they where the real villains last night.

Jamie
    Free Member

*swaps shirt with Binners*

weeksy

Whats happened then, scousers?

In simple terms, the defence isn’t playing well, the keeper is an occasional liability, add to that Henderson not playing as well as last yeah, Sturridge being replaced by Ballo and Suarez being sold… The new players like MArkovic have not played great, although Lallana is getting his act together now and improving.

TBH, to lose 3-0 like that against Real wasn’t a great shock in all honesty, they’re on fire at the moment and their strengths completely fit in with Liverpools weaknesses. The one disappointment last night was the fact that Real were first to the ball far too often. Liverpool are not pressing and hassling quite as much as I’d like to see them doing.

That said… Reals passing last night was a true lesson in 1 touch passing, it was superb. Really really superb.

I think they’ll improve when Sturridge returns, but it’s clear they won’t be hitting the heights of last season.

theotherjonv

I know a few Liverpool fans that are facebook friends, so i see their posts and those of their friends, etc. You get the picture…..

Anyway – more than a bit of criticism of Rodgers is starting to bubble up. Got his tactics wrong, too slow to react to the situation on the field, etc. I didn’t see the game, so don’t know if they’re fair or not, but is the love affair starting to fade? Not long ago he was going to be starting the next boot room dynasty?

chestrockwell

Still find it amusing that the all seeing eye that is Lord Rodgers thought Mignolet was a better bet then Reina.

Not that Liverpool being a bit turd this season really bothers me but it’s nice to see them being brought down a peg or two after the over indulgence from press, fans and club last season.

gonzy
    Free Member

keeper is an occasional liability

more like a complete liability!! he’s let in too many soft goals this season as well as last season…he doesnt command the box and the defenders dont seem to trust him all that much. getting rid of Reina was a bad move by BR as he had all the qualities of Mignolet and then some.

Ballotelli should never have been signed in the first place and thats beginning to prove to be a costly mistake…

our defending last night was so poor i thought Man United had somehow managed to sneak into the competition instead of us!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Voila, own wearable marquee.

Junkyard
    Free Member

like last year they leak goals but this year they dont score as many
    probably unfair to judge exactly where they sit without Sturridge back

jambalaya
    Free Member

I wonder how it would have been had Bale been playing ? Return leg could be a massacre.

portlyone

Pool were very lucky Real have a proper game this weekend

gonzy
    Free Member

Return leg could be a massacre.

+1

have we found something we can finally agree on Jambalaya? 😉

rascal
    Free Member

Went to the game last night – in the away end.
    Heard enough neutrals’ thoughts to establish the red card was not a red card – I didn’t get to see a replay so can’t comment.
    Gutting way to lose – 95th minute winner.

Not a wind up for Lerpool fans but is Anfield always like a library?
    They are loud when they make noise but they really need a bit of a lift (a goal) to get them up for it.
    Pretty silent until that twunt scored 4 minutes from time.

ransos
    Free Member

City have scoring options coming out of their arses – should be an interesting fight between themselves and Chelsea over the season.

Only if West Ham beat Chelsea too… 😉

binners

Another dazzling performance by Super Mario! 😆
    Liverpool could have stopped out there all day and never looked like scoring! Don’t think Real will be too concerned.

Fair play to the Toon though. They’re looking good.

onlysteel
    Free Member

90 minutes of my life wasted. Totally devoid of any threat. Fear the next 7 days will be deeply depressing.

binners

It did make me laugh, Rodgers saying they’re a club ‘in transition’. WTF? Seriously? You’ve sold a striker, and bought a few mediocre players. How does that mean you’re ‘in transition’?

On that basis every single club in the premiership, in fact in any league, is ‘in transition’ pretty much permenently!! I don’t think Moyes even tried to use that excuse last season 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

he has lost his two strikers so bit early to judge/gloat IMHO

spud-face

Though still had three strikers on the pitch by the end which he considered good enough to sign. It’s a shame Rickie’s not getting a proper go. With the amount of chances he creates for others (see a large % of Jay-Rod’s goals last season) he’d improve the team play no end.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was there a game on? Must have been overnight for me. What was the score again? ?

allthepies
    Free Member

Newcastle lost 10-0

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There was a zero in there somewhere, I did get an happy text from my folks, been short on smiles at St James this season

spud-face

This chap’ll give you a nice run-down of how things went (NSFW) 😆

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjp_o0rnwAo&list=UUWaZLW7Bfa83J_h587dH1WQ[/video]

allthepies
    Free Member

What a d1ck.

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.