Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,010 total)
  • Bloody hell Liverpool!
  • jonnyrockymountain

Fantastic bit of business by Liverpool, refused 40 million last year when he wanted to go, got him to sign a new contract with a bigger clause, then sell him 6 months later for an extra 25 million, especially when the guy is a liability!!!!
    Good riddance

lemonysam
    Free Member

One bit that I don’t quite understand, wasn’t the ban on all football activity? Surely changing club is football activity?

Junkyard
    Free Member

good deal for pool for a player who has only one ransfer left and has “baggage” to put it mildly

Also they have replaced with an English international striker so ready made replacement 😉

Hard to see who they will get tbh to replace him and it is going to be a tough season for them this year IMHO

Arsenal will do an arsenal – look like winning it , be amazing score a wonder goal or two then dry out for no apparent reason and then rally to secure CL football

City who knows lets hope some cake ends their woes

Man U no idea we will have better players and a better manager but little time to prepare and gel.

Still need a few more IMHO and we need to shift some serious dead wood with young , anderson and Nani etc.

chelsea well they have at least one attacker this year who so who knows

Jamie
    Free Member

Arsenal will do an arsenal – look like winning it , be amazing score a wonder goal or two then dry out for no apparent reason and then rally to secure CL football

*bookmarks post*

loddrik
    Free Member

Shame about Sanchez. Though for all his protestations about ‘footballing reasons’ I’ll bet 80% of the reason he went to arsenal is he wanted to be in London. Guaranteed.

loddrik
    Free Member

Hard to see who they will get tbh to replace him and it is going to be a tough season for them this year IMHO

Unlikely. We were better, higher points per game ratio, when Suarez wasn’t in the team. Expect a massive season from Sturridge this season. Nailed on for top scorer. We could do with a statement signing though, to show intent.

Jamie
    Free Member

Though for all his protestations about ‘footballing reasons’ I’ll bet 80% of the reason he went to arsenal is he wanted to be in London

His missus fancied living in London, apparently.

…and who could argue.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

£75 million, that’s a fair price.

jimmy

Wow, she’s not rough.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Shame about Sanchez. Though for all his protestations about ‘footballing reasons’ I’ll bet 80% of the reason he went to arsenal is he wanted to be in London. Guaranteed.

Aye, ‘cos Barcelona is such a shite place to live. I’ll bet 80% of the reason is the fact that the premiership clubs pay mental money, long contracts and not to mention the 10% of the transfer fee.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Bookmarks bookmarked post

I bet I get it out before the year is over 😉

Fat-boy-fat

James Rodriguez for the pool. It’s written in the stars.

mrben100
    Free Member

Shouldn’t really be chirping up as a spurs fan, but………

Start of the season spurs were (quite rightly) slated for buying 6 players and expecting a cohesive team by all and sundry in the media. Admittedly, though I’m not sure they would admit it, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Made me chuckle at the end of the season with the pundits say the big teams need 5/6 players (thinking specifically regarding united). I know the issue with spurs was they were all chucked in at the same time (and maybe a couple of them quality adverse).

Will be interested to see how teams like Pool start the season having made numerous signings.

Also, with how dismal the england team were and discussions about improving the national game, we still all clamour for the world stars to join our clubs – admittedly i would rather see my team do well than england. Hurt suffered every 2 year basis is much easier to cope with than perpetual despair.

/hides head back down behind parapet for another 12pages/

spud-face

James Rodriguez

rather than saints players, they’re poaching saints player soundalikes now eh?

why not get both and replace the “sas” 🙄 with jay-rod and hay-rod

stoffel
    Free Member

Just read about the impending Suarez transfer. Christ almighty; £75 million for a player who’s always been a real liability? His idiocy aside, Suarez was banned for a total of nearly half a season, and Liverpol must be laughing all the way to the bank with that mony! I really didn’t think any club would be willing to risk such an incredible amount of money on him. Now Liverpool not only have the usual transfer kitty of such a big club, they also have the Chamoins league money to cme, and that £75 million! Seems last season wasn’t such a disaster for them after all. But they need to buy ‘Liverpool’ type players, not just splash out on big names. Brendan Rodgers is a good manager, and has created a great team there, and many players will be attracted to that set up. Thy need to be wary of repeating past mistakes of buying flops, like Andy Carrol, Robbie KEane and Alberto Aquilani (a combined £75 million or so) though. I think Rodgers is pretty shrewd there though. Llanana and Lambert are very good signings.

As for the title; Liverpool will be up there, alongside Arsenal, but I think Man City or Chelsea will again be to strong. Not sure what wil hapen to Man Utd; Loius Van Gaal has a lot to live up to, and does need to get some good players in and to turnthe attitues of many current players around. Getting rid of Evra would be a good move, as that saga must be quite unsettling for the rest of the squad. But there’s a lot of pressure on Manutd now, and no Fergie to guide hem. it may be another tough season for them. Spurs? No chance. They simply have the wrong boardroom structure to be successful. You don’t seel your best players (Modric and Bale) and have no clear plan on how to continue without them. Can see them sacking another manager and going through the whol sorry process again. Everton will be under pressure now to improve on last season, but I dont thinki they’ll have enough quality to move up realy. If Arsenal can add to Sanchez with a couple of other good signings, they could have a good season. Whatever hapens, I think it will be another good season though.

loum
    Free Member

Can see Arsenal having a great season.
    They were a couple of key injuries away from one last year and look stronger already.
    Bit puzzled by the Sanchez signing ‘cos he duplicates what they already have in Walcot, right side of a front three. Maybe Wenger’s gonna move him inside to be the new terry henry?

No way Liverpool will be as strong without Suarez – player of the year and top scorer too. Lambert’s no replacement and can’t see Lallana justifying a £25m price tag either. Good, but not that good, and not really an improvement on what’s already there.
    Gerard’s past his peak too now so it’s like losing their two world class players without there being suitable replacements available yet.

City should be a little stronger now the manager has had a bit of time, and got a couple more of the players he wants, so will be there or thereabouts.

Chelsea were nearly there last year, and add Costa and Fab and that’s the biggest improvement.

stoffel
    Free Member

No way Liverpool will be as strong without Suarez

I disagree. They started last season without him, and were statistically better (better points per game average). Sturridge was top scorer until he was injured. Lambert is young and wil develop, as wil Lallana, who is the most creative English attacking midfielder since Wayne Rooney. And Man utd were willing to pay that and possibly more for him, so the price seems as reasonable as such a vast some of money can. Gerrard will play a much deeper defensive role, and allow Lallana, Joe alen etc to get forward more. Past his peak maybe, but he’s still a fantastic player. Brendan Rodgers wil be that bit more experienced and wise, and as long as they sort out their defence, Liverpool should do well.

Wenger is brilliant at getting players to adapt to his style. It’s why he’s done relatively very wel with what are often less than world class players. Sanchez could be a big gambl tough, and there have been many flos at Arsenal. Some of their key players can be fragile though, and this could well agan be their achilles heel.

Chelsea may well have also pulled off a top transfer move by offloading David Liz, who is a very god layer, but as the Germany game proved, also vulnerable and of suspect mental character. They’ll queitly sing a few young players who couldturn out to be brilliant, they have a knack of doing that. They will continue to be bloody boring to watch though. City will be the team to beat thoug hI think. A pretty safe bet is that Spurs won’t win. I think that’s one thing we can all take as a given.

MSP

Lambert is young and wil develop,

He is 32

stoffel
    Free Member

Is he? My mistake; I thought I’d read he was 22! 😆 I thought that as he only made his Englanddebut last yea, that he was some up and coming youngster! Shows how much I pay attention. 😳

Macclesfield Town[edit]
    Lambert remained a free agent for almost four months, during which time he worked in a beetroot bottling plant to make ends meet

😯

binners

Liverpool will be right up there again this season. Suarez was/is good but he’s a liability. Would anyone bet against him doing it again? Liverpool’s greatest asset is Brendan Rodgers. He’s a brilliant manager. Potentially another Fergie (though obviously I hope not!). I reckon he knew Suarez would be gone now anyway, even prior to his latest fit of madness. And having got him to sign a new contract, with that release clause, I reckon with 75 million in the bank, he ‘ll be glad to see the back of him. Now he can carry on building ‘his’ team. Which seems to be going pretty bloody well so far!

Arsenal will do what they do every year. Bottle it in the new year. Chelsea will be mind numbingly boring to watch, but title contenders. City are the team to beat, and will end up winning it.

Christ knows how we’ll shape up under Van Gaal. At least we’ve got someone scary back in charge, who won’t take any shit, and will get the lazy overpaid bastards actually playing, or they’re out! It’ll be interesting to see if the rumours of who he’s bringing in actually happen. Top four, and back in the CL is the best we can hope for. But the squad needs completely rebuilding. It’ll be a work in progress for a couple of seasons yet.

Should make for an interesting season

weeksy

Christ knows how we’ll shape up under Van Gaal. At least we’ve got someone scary back in charge, who won’t take any shit, and will get the lazy overpaid bastards actually playing, or they’re out! It’ll be interesting to see if the rumours of who he’s bringing in actually happen. Top four, and back in the CL is the best we can hope for. But the squad needs completely rebuilding. It’ll be a work in progress for a couple of seasons yet

I disagree, I see Utd back in the top 4 this season, purely as the manager now will play their strengths etc.

loum
    Free Member

At least we’ve got someone scary back in charge, who won’t take any shit, and will get the lazy overpaid bastards actually playing, or they’re out!

Moyes’ reputation not so long ago.

stoffel – Member

I disagree. They started last season without him, and were statistically better (better points per game average). Sturridge was top scorer until he was injured. Lambert is young and wil develop, as wil Lallana, who is the most creative English attacking midfielder since Wayne Rooney. And Man utd were willing to pay that and possibly more for him, so the price seems as reasonable as such a vast some of money can. Gerrard will play a much deeper defensive role, and allow Lallana, Joe alen etc to get forward more. Past his peak maybe, but he’s still a fantastic player. Brendan Rodgers wil be that bit more experienced and wise, and as long as they sort out their defence, Liverpool should do well.

“Statistically better” – you need to watch some actual football and lay off the spreadsheets for a bit if you think they’re in any way a better team without him. Might help you spot which players have started shaving and who’s drawing a pension soon too. 😉
    “And gerard will play a much deeper defensive role blah, blah, blah…” He can’t. Doesn’t have the legs to cover any more. He’s the exact reason why it looks like they need to sort out their defense – lack of protection in front of them. It’s not the defenders that can’t do their jobs (well maybe Johnson, ok 😉 ).

Don’t get me wrong, I think they’ll be top 4ish and have some good players. But their buys this summer are underwhelming and have a lot to prove.

hora
    Free Member

Bloody hell Liverpool you’ll be **** all near the title next year.

stoffel
    Free Member

“Statistically better” – you need to watch some actual football and lay off the spreadsheets for a bit if you think they’re in any way a better team without him.

I enjoyed watching a lot of football last season, and Liverpool without Suarez were very impressive. The fast attacking style we saw in the second half of the previous season developed further, and Stirridge was instrumental in winning many of the early season games. His partnership with Suarez proved even more fruitful, but I don’t think Liverpool will miss Suarez asmuch as you do. Many said similar about Man U and Ronaldo, but that proved to be unfounded.

Doesn’t have the legs to cover any more.

Nonsense. He can’t bomb forward as quick as he used to, but he’s still effective in covering the back four. Or are you using the nse slip against chelsea as evidence he ‘doesn’t have the legs any more’?

I don’t think Liverpool will win, but those ‘underwhelming’ signings could surprise a lot of people; Brendan Rodgers is no idiot. Unlike Spurs’ board…

Jamie
    Free Member

Lambert is young and wil develop

Ok, so we’re agreed to ignore this guys opinions? 😀

Bit puzzled by the Sanchez signing ‘cos he duplicates what they already have in Walcot, right side of a front three.

They were a couple of key injuries away from one last year and look stronger already.

Worse comes to the worse, injury issues won’t blow their season up like usual.

stoffel
    Free Member

Ok, so we’re agreed to ignore this guys opinions?

😆 Behave.

Van Gaal looks a lot moe like the kind of manager Man Utd need; I get the ‘Gasgow’ thing, but Moyes was a very poor choice. Martinez rubed this fact in even more, by getting Everton to finish higher than Man Utd, something Moyes had never managed. It will be interestng to see what players LVG can bring with him; Rin Vlar loos a more than worthy replacementfor Evra/Ferdinand. I hope to god he doesn’t brng Robben though; it was enough having that cheating **** in the premiuer league once before.

spud-face

Rin Vlar loos a more than worthy replacementfor Evra/Ferdinand

There aren’t many defenders that can make Rickie Lambert look like he’s got afterburners. Ron is one.

stoffel
    Free Member

Well, he’ll be a tad more mobile than Ferdnand is these days!

Junkyard
    Free Member

ferdinand he is only 22 isn’t he so he might faster 😉

binners

The goalposts are more mobile than Ferdinand!

Latest united rumour, Evra to juve, and £30 for Vidal coming the other way

stoffel
    Free Member

There’s talk of Juve signing Paulinho from Spurs, as a replacement for Vidal, which seems a bit mad to me. Man Utd would be laughing to swap Evra for Vidal, especially for just £30! 😀

binners

I may have missed quite a few noughts there 🙂

stoffel
    Free Member

Man utd could sell Ferdinand to Spurs for £30!

stoffel
    Free Member

There will be some crazy money signings this summer, that’s for usre. Man City are about to sign a defender hardly anyone’s ever herd of, for £32 million:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28280454

And Arsenal always have a snaky move up their sleve; Joel Cambell could come into the squad, andMan utd fans will know how dngerous he is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28071561

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Allthis to-ing and fro-ing,bags of cash flying around; Chelsea almost look prudent!
    I wonder how much someone will stump up for Torres?

binners

I wouldn’t give him his bus fare home

spud-face

If fulham are paying £11m for Ross McCormack, presumably fees are now decided by cleromancy

No wonder Harry Redknapp’s so desperate for more triffic backhanders players

stoffel
    Free Member

At the begining of last season, I ws chatting to an Arsenal fan friend of mine, about the Suarez bid. He claimed that ‘that was jus at actic to unsettle Suare and Liverpool’ and how the y’didn’t need Suarez, we’ve got Ozil instead’. I must have another chat with him soon..

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I wouldn’t give him his bus fare home

Now, now…
    You should at least be grateful he’s made it easier for United to win a few pots.

Jamie
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,010 total)

The topic ‘Bloody hell Liverpool!’ is closed to new replies.