Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Bloody Bluetooth bloody earphones.
  • mactheknife

So, working away from home alot and using the gym I thought a set of Bluetooth earphones would be the ticket. I use Spotify for building playlists so everything made sense.

Si set number one were a cheap set of Taotronics. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the sound quality and battery life, shame they became very uncomfortable after about 20 minutes.

The second set I tried were a set of Plantronics Backbeat fits. Initially again I was very very happy but they are not designed to fit in your ear so they let too much noise in from a busy gym. Still not too bad though. But I thought I would try another pair I was recommended. Jaybirds X2. Holy sh!t after 2 weeks they are going back. They keep cutting out when I get sweaty. Now I got these in an Amazon flash sale so they were not the mental full amazon price but still 😉
    So after these go back I’ll try one last pair of cheap Taotronics that actually look and sound like they might be my holy grail of Bluetooth earphones.
    Great idea in theory but in practice a bit of a pain.

MSP

I have never had problems with my jaybird x2 cutting out, maybe yours are faulty. The x3 is also meant to be out soon.

mactheknife

After doing a fair bit of googling it seems to be a fairly common problem with the x2. It’s a shame as they fitted well and sounded really good. They have a years warranty for sweat damage so tempted to try another set.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Markie
    Free Member

Perhaps do try them again – Mrs Markie gets a fair old glow on when she’s training and her X2s haven’t failed (yet)…

mactheknife

Good stuff markie, I might just do that 😛

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It’s like shoes, some will fit and some won’t.

I bought some BT headphones for running a couple of years ago. The reviews on Amazon were good for sound and sweat proof.

A lot of people reported painful fitting but I found them great and comfy.

Keep trying to find some that fit you. I never spend more than £20-50 as you will wreck them while training.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Anything decent sub £50??

hammyuk
    Free Member

I have the Backbeat – fit in my ears fine and I’ve the smallest ears ever!
    To the point that custom plugs for the motorbike are only just possible due to how small the ear canals are.

transporter13
    Free Member

I use the KS outrun headphones which are available from quite a few places but i picked them up from pc world for 39.99.
    Had them for 3 months now with no issues…6 hours ish of battery life to about 1hr charge time. Id happiky buy them again.

riddoch

It might not just be the x2 fault for cutting out, my aftershokz treds seem very sensitive to the position of my S5. If they start breaking up I just need to tilt my head slightly towards the phone and they sort themselves out. Must be down to relative antenna designs and postitions.
    Headphones comfort is very individual and also depends on the time you are wearing them., for work long term use I’ve had to go overear ones as seemed to get ear cramp with on ear ones, for gym I need ones that clamp on as I’m a sweaty begger and just inear ones are forever popping out.

seadog101

I useva Sony SBH 20 bt receiver, and its ace. Abount tad bigger than an ipod shuffle, allows me to use any headphones. Yep, you have have a wire, but never really bothered me. Went right through a wash and dryer cycle a few days ago, still works.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/stereo-bluetooth-headset-sbh20/

Found mine on Amazon for £25.

feckinlovebbq
    Free Member

I have a pair of KS outruns, 35quid from currys. Only complaint would be battery life just 2 hours on a cold ride isn’t quite long enough. In the warm gym I get 3 sessions to a charge.
    I really love BT headphones though no cables to get tangled. Phone in the corner of the gym and can pause change tracks and volume from the control on the headphones. Same with riding, phone somewhere on person no moving cables if changing layers etc. Would like a better pair but even the expensive ones seam like a bit of a gamble when trying to find a pair that you get on with

rone

Jaybirds X2. Holy sh!t after 2 weeks they are going back. They keep cutting out when I get sweaty. Now I got these in an Amazon flash

I bet you they’re counterfeit.

I’ve had 3 pairs. One pair from Amazon (half the price) they looked so much like the real thing. But they weren’t – they cut out a lot. Because they didn’t contain the tech that keeps Jaybirds connected .

X2s maintain a great signal 99% of the time. In my back pocket on the bike. I can’t remember the technology but it’s fairly unique.

The sound quality is way down too. X2s and Blubuds sound as almost as good as wired.

Anyway I threw mine away after comparing them on a website, as various things started to break.

That’s why they were super cheap, at least in my case.

The quality of the packaging and product is as good as indistinguishable.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/807457/jaybird-x2-fake-counterfeit-vs-real-authentic

Jaybird have incredible customer service and replaced my first pair that were washed in the washing machine.

P.S how did you get on with your shims?

mactheknife

Ill have a look at them tonight rone, you may be right about them being counterfeit.

I have the shims at home just now waiting to get fitted. Turner appear to have some lower link kits in stock now so i need to get back in touch with them.

Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated.

mactheknife

Update time, got in touch with Jaybirds online support and 5 minutes later all was well in my sad wee world. All I had to do was reset the earphones and reconnect. So far so good.

rone

Ah that’s good. That means they’re real. The fake one’s dont have the ability to reset.

mactheknife

They are going back, the problem was sweat getting into the wee controller. Died a horrible death yesterday 😈

Cougar

the problem was sweat getting into the wee controller.

We’ve all been there.

verses

Backbeat Fits aren’t meant to be noise cancelling, meaning when you’re out and about you can still hear hazards around you. It felt odd when I first used them as I was used to noise-cancelling ones, but I soon got used to them.

I bought mine from Amazon in Jan, they developed a fault this week (right-hand ear piece stopped playing sound), Amazon had a replacement pair to me the next day! I’m usually an Amazon avoider (not sure why I used them this time) but have been blown away by their customer service this week…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Bloody Bluetooth bloody earphones.’ is closed to new replies.