Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Bloody bike shops
  • D0NK

So I got myself a hope 4 light, Mrs doesn't ask how much stuff cost so I don't tell, just mentioned I got a "good deal" (which I did) Went for some lunch today and I spotted a bike shop across the road thought I'd have a quick nosey, While browsing my mrs says "so were those lights you got expensive?" "No why" says I, I turned around to see a big pic of hope 4 £299, erm I didn't pay that much anyway – swiftly change the subject – does my bum look big in this jacket?

Damn damn damn!

aracer
    Free Member

If you don't want Mrs to know how much you spend on stuff, what on earth are you doing taking her in a bike shop?

Dylan08
    Free Member

Shouldn't you're post title have read: "Bloody dishonesty in marrige" or "Sh1t scared of my wife" …?

MTFU 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

or "Sh1t scared of my wife" …?

never mind wife, we were sworn to secrecy over the price of our Hope bulk buy…

njee20
    Free Member

If you don't want Mrs to know how much you spend on stuff, what on earth are you doing taking her in a bike shop?

+1

carlosg
    Free Member

Shouldn't tell fibs to a woman they ALWAYS find out , I spent over £1200 on the wifes bike so she can appreciate the value of decent kit , then she doesn't complain when I buy expensive stuff as she knows the reasons.

D0NK

I didn't think it through obviously 🙂
    Dishonest? as I said she generally doesn't ask so I don't tell but I'd fess up if she did ask and no not scared of her. Maybe "bloody stupid me" would have been a better title.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate does this all the time, for some reason his missus believes it all. She then talks to my missus about it who knows the proper prices and she has to play dumb.

He's got some proper bargains recently:

New geared Inbred frame for £40!

New Orange 5 S for "just" over a grand!

mtbfix

I seriously have to question the nature of such relationships. I count myself very lucky that herself both understands the value of expensive bike junk and that she does not object to me buying it. I think it is perceived as being cheaper and preferable to a mistress 😉

colin@rush
    Free Member

We quite often write out 2 receipts, 1 genuine copy and a bogus about 50% cheaper than it should be for her indoors copy 🙂

We sold a pace frame about a month ago that had to be blue because quote customer "the last frame was blue and she doesn't know i'm having it as long as its blue she'll never know"

At least she knew you were having lights 🙂

montylikesbeer

School boy error, back of the class for you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Bloody bike shops’ is closed to new replies.