Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 'Bloodline' on Netflix?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

After the first 7 episodes am quite hooked into it. Neo-noir mood, brooding Florida Keys backdrop, some complex characters and constant ‘reveals’ that drive the story along. Linda Cardellini. Good stuff IMO, anyone else been imbibing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s got Coach from Friday Night Lights!! 😀 Yep, loved it, and I recommended it to binners. He loved it too.

skids
    Free Member

i loved bloodline, just came across it by accident, hope they make some more

Cougar

Never heard of it, tell me more.

My current Netflix addiction is Orphan Black. Well, it was, I’ve just got to the end of the series they carry. Brilliant, heartily recommended.

johnners
    Free Member

Must give Bloodline a try, currently working through s2 of Deadwood on Dutch Netflix. Must be 10 years since I saw it first, and it’s still some of the best TV I’ve ever seen.

binners

Yep, watched it on Bravissimo’s recomendation and absolutely loved it! It starts slow but has that air of brooding menace that you know there’s a hell of a lot to come out. It just gets better and better. Apparently they’re filming the second series at the moment.

If you’ve not seen already then watch Animal Kingdom. It’s an Aussie film and the guy who plays Danny is even more unhinged in it! He’s a bloody brilliant actor! Does malevolent really well

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Never heard of it, tell me more.

I hadn’t either. Just happened across it on Netflix. So glad I gave it a go – and it was only because of Coach from FNL being in it. 😀

Just a “dark family secrets” type drama – y’know, bad egg returns, seems like redemption is just around the corner…course it is, yeah. And just gets better from there. Well photographed too – the Florida Quays humidity is [portrayed very well throughout.

He’s a bloody brilliant actor! Does malevolent really well

+1

He played Danny character excellently. I really thought the cast was excellent.

deepreddave
    Free Member

Watched a couple and wasn’t hooked so may give it another try. Just on series 7 of Dexter (not sure about 8 as reviews say it’s poor) but my teenagers and me have enjoyed it so far.
    House of Cards was excellent.
    Homeland was ok too though a little slow, possibly the case when you watch all the series over a few weeks.
    Any other recommendations as quite a lot of the more popular series ‘look’, well, a bit predictable.
    I watched Prison Break ages ago and never forgave them for the awful ‘need to make another series’ ending. Same with 24 in that it seemed highly unrealistic and predictable though I appreciate lots liked it!

Sam

Ben Mendelsohn is one of the best Australian actors of his generation, glad to see he’s reaching his potential. Hugely enjoyed Bloodline as well.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Hmm might sign up for my 2nd Netflix free month.

Terrestrial TV is pants.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks good that, thanks.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Any other recommendations as quite a lot of the more popular series ‘look’, well, a bit predictable.

Fargo (TV series). Need to watch again as the next season is due. Highly rated and deservedly so IMO.

Back to Bloodline – agree with all the credit given to Ben Mendhelson – stellar stuff and just keeps building as the plot progresses. Halfway through the season Danny’s character really fleshes out – but don’t wish to give too much away!

CaptJon
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    I hadn’t either. Just happened across it on Netflix. So glad I gave it a go – and it was only because of Coach from FNL being in it.

That’s how Netflix do it.

jimster01

Think we’ll give it a go as we’ve finished our current Netflix viewing – Bates Motel. Which IMO was absolutely superb.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s how Netflix do it.

I watched FNL before I ever had Netflix. I saw his picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘'Bloodline' on Netflix?’ is closed to new replies.