Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Blood vessel burst in eye – should I be worried?
  • breatheeasy
    Free Member

Just been to loo at work and noticed in the mirror one eye has now got a bright red patch on the white bit, presumably a burst blood vessel or something. Despite wanting to stick needles in my eye due to incompetents at work I’ve not actually had any trauma or anything, or indeed any pain.

Will it wait for a docs appointment tomorrow or should I be rushing off to the eye infirmary with blue lights flashing etc. etc.?

Houns

Was that an effort to squeeze out?

Houns

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx2LDvFJfDY[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    derek_starship
    Free Member

Quite common and despite the rather horrific appearance, not dangerous. The eyeball is very vascular and tiny capillaries can rupture, staining your cornea.

Obviously, if you have a headache or feel unwell then get yourself seen. It can take a couple of weeks for the blood to be resorbed so you’ll look like a horror film extra for a bit longer yet!

rocketman
    Free Member

My Mum-in-law has probs with leaking blood vessels in her eyes due to blood pressure tablets. Apparently the tablets relax the veins but the tiny veins in the eyes are more prone to rupturing.

Allegedly there is a course of injections that can fix it but it is expensive and not generally available on NHS.

Docs and opticians have prescribed some other tablets but they don’t seem to be working at the moment (2 months in)

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Was that an effort to squeeze out?

lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Blood vessel burst in eye – should I be worried?’ is closed to new replies.