• This topic has 57 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by bones.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Blood in urine
  • Harry_the_Spider

I had to pee on a sample card. The occupational health nurse compared it colour chart.

rOcKeTdOg

ah, well unless they’ve looked at the cells under a microscope it’s not a very accurate test,it might not even be blood. I’d not be unduly worried but worth checking out for piece of mind

Harry_the_Spider

Ta. Booked in for next Friday. Hopefully I won’t hear the snap of the glove.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    derek_starship
    Free Member

Booked in for next Friday. Hopefully I won’t hear the snap of the glove

..or your banjo string.

Harry_the_Spider

😯

I’m going NHS so won’t be getting “extras”.

Harry_the_Spider

Another urine test and in for bloods, including PSA, on Monday. Results next Friday.

Awesome. 😕

Harry_the_Spider

Results tomorrow, but if they find any “nasties” they’ll call me straight away.

My phone has just rung with a local number… apparently the fence panel that I ordered is ready for collection.

Hopefully my pulse will get below 180 bpm soon but I suspect that my undies are a right off.

stumpy01

Good luck! You’ll be fine.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hopefully my pulse will get below 180 bpm soon but I suspect that my undies are a right off.

Just spat my lunch out!

tops5
    Free Member

I had traces a few years back – had to endure rubber glove and Jap eye/camera interface.

Was all ok – suspected kidney stones that had passed themselves.

Good story to regale folks with in the pub/on the trail!

Harry_the_Spider

…and finally.

The tests showed nothing. So the first one was either a false positive or was due to me having something that has cleared up in the intervening 12 days.

The upside is that I’ve now had a full bloods test including HBA1C and PSA (no bad thing for a man of my age) and I’m fit and healthy. My platelet count was a bit off though. As a bonus I managed to avoid the rubber glove and a camera/umbrella up the unseeing eye.

Got another test in a month just to confirm this one and see where the platelet score is.

wwaswas

Good news, you must be very relieved!

Stevet1
    Free Member

Great news, happy for you, a tense time.

scaled
    Free Member

Good to hear man!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Sleep easy tonight. Glad to hear it was something of nothing.

brassneck

I had to pee on a sample card. The occupational health nurse compared it colour chart.

Do Farrow & Ball carry it?

Once a card carrying stone thrower, you sort of expect it a few days after the agonising pain goes down a bit.

NZCol

My phone has just rung with a local number… apparently the fence panel that I ordered is ready for collection.

I hear you, my doc rang me at 6:50 last night, i had a full medical last week, and i wasn’t overly pleased that his opening question was how my race was last weekend ! He then went on to offer me a range of exciting medical procedures but was at pains to say they were not in fact due to any indicators of having anything wrong, just good to know stuff. And i don;t have high blood pressure but by god I did for a wee while last night.

bones
    Free Member

Congrats, harry! Time to get pissed!

I had traces a few years back – had to endure rubber glove and Jap eye/camera interface

When I was a young ‘un, I thought that was actually the medical name, like “japsai” 😐

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Blood in urine’ is closed to new replies.