Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Blood in pee after ride
  • mattjevans
    Free Member

Not wanting to stress you more but worth saying when my dad was in his early 40’s he went for a run and when he came back he wee’d blood. Turned out he’d had bladder cancer for a while, so be worth checking for that.

My Dad’s over 70 now by the way.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Equally when I was in my 30’s I had same symptom and obviously worried I had cancer like my dad but it was just a little kidney stone

Wishing you all the best anyway good luck

mrblobby
    Free Member

Funny that the doctor kept saying I was “obviously worried” about things like cancer even though I’m not. I would be if I knew I had it but at the moment it’s just a bit of blood in the pee. No point worrying until there is something to worry about!

DrP

You know, I often have the ‘groan inducing’ opening gambit of “I saw in the paper the other day..>” but am still waiting for the “There was this thread on single track that suggested I come in…”!

DrP

Houns

“Hello DrP, I saw this thread on STW and I’m worried I may have cat Aids”

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, I’d not considered cat Aids, now I am worried!

Having said that, a relatively tough turbo session done and no blood in the pee so far. Shall try and get out on the bike tomorrow and see what happens.

rickmeister

That camera you know… that they put “up the old man”…. NHS spending and everything, its one that takes VHS tapes…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mrblobby I can confirm that having regular prostate cancer checks it is no more pleasant with a 30yr French female doctor than a crusty old Brit. She actually tried to get me engaged in aconversation during the procedure, perhaps she though that would relax me but I was unable to speak after a certain stage/point/depth. 😯 Perhaps she just had a bit of a twisted sense of humour. In my case a full colonoscopy was more bearable than preliminary investigations, there is a lot to be said for general anaesthetic

I would say my thoughts are with you but I don’t want to think about it 8)

Good luck

mrblobby
    Free Member

That camera you know… that they put “up the old man”….

[img]http://www.dafc.co.uk/javaImages/e9/a/0,,10288~9964265,00.jpg[/img]

?

jambalaya, thanks, the doc did say that I would likely be put to sleep for the procedure, is this not the case? 😕

Nobby

the doc did say that I would likely be put to sleep for the procedure, is this not the case?

I certainly wasn’t, for either. My previous comment re watching the footage ‘live’ was as far from flippant as it gets.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I had a colonoscopy a couple of weeks back…first 6-8 inches weren’t bad at all…:-)

Not sure i’d like the camera up my boabi however, that may sting a little…

Nobby

that may sting a little

That depends on the size of camera and the size of the ****. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve had similar experiances a few years ago, my Doc was an old man who looked like he should have retired 20yrs previous.. It stung a bit a day later, but nothing too bad.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I have my appointment tomorrow for the knob camera. Prepared for it to sting a bit but, for those who’ve had it done, will I be able to ride on the weekend or do I need to do some re-planning? I did actually consider riding to the appointment until mrs blobby suggested that might not be the smartest of ideas!

wwaswas

Do remember to take the Picolax on the right day.

allthepies
    Free Member

Presumably you’ll be given a sedative and so won’t be able to drive/ride home. I would have thought weekend riding might not be a good idea.

mrblobby
    Free Member

From the paperwork it looks like it’s just a local anaesthetic.

Do remember to take the Picolax on the right day.

Thankfully none required!

allthepies
    Free Member

Ouch! 😉

Check about the driving thing though! If you are sedated then driving is a no-no.

wwaswas

Thankfully none required!

Take it anyway.

honourablegeorge

Saw the thread title and thought “I normally just have a glass of milk”

mst
    Free Member

I’ve had it done. They encourage you to drink lots after the procedure to prevent infections.

I almost passed out when urinating the first time after the procedure, but I think urinating was only painful/uncomfortable for about 24 hours afterwards

You should be OK to ride at the weekend.

tonyd

I have two camera in the chap events, first was a full anaesthetic, most likely down the private healthcare. Second was NHS all the way and I got a local anaesthetic, it was most disturbing. I also had to have an ultrasound of my prostate done, not sure what was worse. The guy doing the prostate thing wasn’t a very good shot, when he finally got it right my legs flew into the air and I almost hit him.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I almost passed out when urinating the first time after the procedure, but I think urinating was only painful/uncomfortable for about 24 hours afterwards

😐

Honourablegeorge 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation you will not feel your knob for a day if you have the anasthetic, so make use of it during that time 😆

It took me 36hrs to get over mine properly, pee’ing was bloody sore but settled quick enough.

Riding? Hmmm I took a week off the bike.

Nobby

Prepared for it to sting a bit but, for those who’ve had it done, will I be able to ride on the weekend or do I need to do some re-planning? I did actually consider riding to the appointment until mrs blobby suggested that might not be the smartest of ideas!

I don’t recall it being an issue – pretty sure I rode a couple of days later. TBH, in my case, the thought of it was far worse than the actual procedure. Possibly down to it being done as private but I’d hope the NHS cameras etc are the same.

Frankly, the camera isn’t invasive so, unless they find a reason to not ride, you should be fine.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Had a cystoscopy (camera up knob) in the past. Its not pleasant but it’s not painful. The worst part is lying in your own piss and the water pumped up during the procedure. It stings going in and then it’s uncomfortable more than painful. My blood in urine was a kidney stone had torn down my urethra on passing.

They did another cystoscopy under GA to tidy my urethra up in my man sword.

Bazz

I’m sure i read a couple of months ago that this was quite common amongst pros who ride Paris-Roubaix, all the jarring causing blood vessels to rupture. Best of luck with the procedure anyway.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation you will not feel your knob for a day if you have the anasthetic, so make use of it during that time

If you cannot feel anything what’s the point 😯

@mrblobby I hope the procedure went well and your login name doesn’t reflect your anatomy post op.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks. Stung a bit but not that bad really, just a little uncomfortable. Need to have it done again in 3 months 🙁

Was amused at the form they sent out asking if I’d need any special equipment such as a hoist. It’s not quite that big 🙂

arachnidlover
    Free Member

Was amused at the form they sent out asking if I’d need any special equipment such as a hoist. It’s not quite that big

😆

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Blood in pee after ride’ is closed to new replies.