Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Blocking 01792/PPI numbers on iphone?
  • organic355
    Free Member

any way to do it?

z1ppy

I’ll bump this, as I get them too.. ‘cept they just ring and then ring off… if they think I’m ringing them back they be lucky..

z1ppy

bugger, this has never been a real issue just an annoyance, seems according to Google [promped by this], unless you jailbreak your phone, it cannot be done on the iphone.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

Can’t you just add them to your Contacts and then Block Contact? That’s the way I’d do it on Android.

z1ppy

nope apparently not, can’t even set the ringtone to ‘silent’.

zilog6128

Unfortunately not. If you do jb your phone, there is an excellent app on Cydia called iBlacklist.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Report the call to OFCOM? I thought they supposed to be cracking down on this sort of practice. Calling people who haven’t even bought PPI in order to encourage them to make a claim is soliciting fraud, isn’t it?

wonnyj
    Free Member

01792 is Swansea area (where I live)

Call centres are modern day coal pits.

CountZero

Only ever had one on my iPhone, and I was so insensed I told the bloke to just fornicate off! 😈

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Does the telephone preference service (TPS) stop this? Or is that just landlines?

vanilla83
    Free Member

Have you registered your number with TPS? If I recall correctly it might not work completely with mobiles (different rules/laws or something) but each time I’ve got a new number and then registered it with them all calls like this have stopped.

Rich
    Free Member

On an android I use avast mobile security and add the number to a call filter list.

No idea if it is available on an iPhone though.

nedrapier

I used to get quite a few, now very few.

I added them one by one to a contact called “**** bastards” and checked the “Send all calls to voicemail” box for the contact. They never leave a message, and I never see the calls.

Could be that they’ve never called again from the same numbers, or it could be that I’m avoiding quite a lot of nuisance.

Android phone.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Blocking 01792/PPI numbers on iphone?’ is closed to new replies.