Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Blocked trails by those out to hurt riders
  • martinhutch

I do however leave some fallen trees and overhanging trees on the trails to put off the MX and horsey riders from using them.

I assume he meant that he refrained from removing them, rather than actively placed them… 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Along the lines of ‘I tended this trail so its locals only riders attitude

dannyh
    Free Member

Ooooooooh.

Hora, you tease, you. That’s a trailing leg if ever I saw one. That particular fire does not need any stoking. Now, be off with you before the ROSETTAS come for you.

grey

I don’t place the trees only leave them where they fall and nothing dangerous about them, you can ride over and under them. Miles and miles of fire roads for the horses and the forest in question must have upwards of a couple of hundred horses stabled around its perimeter, you wouldn’t want them on single track unarmoured trails every weekend. The few disused fire roads they do use are unrideable through the winter. The trails are hardly private as they are all on strava for folk to find, loads of folk use them all week for walking.

grey

I should add the trails are so secret that about eight weeks ago a lot of them were used for a XC running race with about 500 entrants.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats unusual for the FOD these days.That must be someone very local to know where Murdocks is.There was those man traps made years ago when that odd group tryed to stir up the locals by trying to ban everything in the Forest including sheep.They were a strange group to say the least.

proutster
    Free Member

I have a suspicion (as yet unproven) that someone in a position of authority is doing this on some off-piste stuff in Macc Forest…..

OK, we shouldn’t be there but, as above, what’s worse legally? Trespass or placing an obstruction that could do harm?

dannyh
    Free Member

Morally or legally?

That’s the thing, a lot of the time the law is an ass. Common sense ought to prevail, but remember, you are dealing with tossers here.

busydog
    Free Member

We have that crap happen here locally as well(New Mexico/USA), including wires strung across trails, trenches dug across trails and boards with nails buried in sandy spots. Locally, it has dropped off after a couple of guys were caught after doing it on Federal land and prosecuted. One got a 90 days in the slammer and a $2K fine (biker was injured pretty badly) and the other a $3K fine.
    In both instances, they just didn’t like MTB’s sharing “their” trails.

chip
    Free Member

At my local woods yesterday I noticed quite a few tree limbs strewn across the trails.
    Nothing secretive, just bloody great bits of tree across the ground.

I don’t see this as an attempt to injure me, more of an annoyance there to slow me down.
    For it to injure me I would have to be traveling faster than i should be to be able to stop within the distance I can see.
    Which on public land used by people to walk with their children or dogs or both is reckless and dangerous and would make you deserving of a log based OTB.

My bunny hopping skills are lacking so try to ride over slowly lifting one wheel at a time which has bent a few chainring teeth when I ran a triple, if too tall get off and lift over.

hora
    Free Member

including wires strung across trails

Occassionally if I’m the first (really early) to go down a trail I have a ‘fear’ that I may come across one of these.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Never experienced this in West Yorkshire. I was abducted by aliens once on a trail though.

whiter74
    Free Member

this should sort it 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

2 wheel drive bike 🙂

wilko1999
    Free Member

That’d be ideal for ploughing through an infestation of dwarf zombies whiter 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Blocked trails by those out to hurt riders’ is closed to new replies.