Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Blocked shower drain
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Any tips. Tried various chemicals including caustic soda. Did start running through again but not there is a half inch pool of water left that won’t drain.
    Tried sticking a coat hanger down and pulled up so black sludge and various clumps of hair. But still no movement. Any suggestions before I call a plumber.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Bleach, boiling water, and plunge the shit out of it.

Drac

Remove the trap and clear it out.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Drain snake maybe?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…and plunge the shit out of it.

And use the toilet for that sort of thing in future. 🙂

scotroutes

Plunger

Three_Fish
    Free Member

And use the toilet for that sort of thing in future.

It’s always a bit of a lottery as to whether it’ll squish through the plug hole or back up through your toes. As you say, much better to use the loo. Good advice…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oooh…too much… 😆

properbikeco
    Free Member

get the coat hanger back in their and keep pulling until it runs free!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s gone down after much swearing and a shower basin full of black sludge. Got drain snake to try clear it through.

nealglover
    Free Member

Dont use a plunger unless you are 100% sure you don’t have push fit waste pipes under the floorboards.

chewkw
    Free Member

You need these two or three from Srewfix …

Monument Tools Master Plunger 12″ 305mm (this is good and don’t get those tiny one)

or this Sink & Bath Unblocker

and this Drain Unblocker

globalti
    Free Member

Can’t you remove the side of the tray and get the trap off? It’s full of hair and scum and if somebody who uses it has long hair there will be a disgusting big lump of hair lke a dead rat in there, that no amount of chemicals or plunging will shift. Mrs Gti has long hair which is getting thinner as she ages and I have to do this every six months, it makes me heave.

BigJohn

We always used to tip a whole big bottle of thick bleach down it every 4 months or so and leave it for 12 hours. Gets rid of most hair and soap sludge.

project
    Free Member

Check other drains are clearing first, it may be outside thats blocked also ensure you dont have push fit fittings as plungers or snakes may force a joing apart, as stated above, drain clears and fils ceiling void with dirty smelly water.

Another metod is to use a jet wash, wrap towekll round nozzle drain hole interface as youll get squirt back quite dramaticlly.

Finally dont shave your legs in the shower.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It was a accumulation of hair, soap scum and a shampoo/conditioner lid! Got the hair out with the drain snake and had to lift the floor boards to access the u bend of the drain pipe. Fished out more crap and tightened the pipe further along as it was leaking slightly on a joint.

Mountain bike ride now I deserve a hour me time.

oldboy
    Free Member

Last GF had long hair and showered every day and totally f….. up the shower. I got rid of her – problem solved.

Err, actually she got rid of me!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Blocked shower drain’ is closed to new replies.