Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blocked macerators
  • jon1973
    Free Member

New house. The downstairs toilet has a macerator, which I think I put a toilet wipe down without thinking about it. Its now backed-up (clean fortunately), the sink, which is also connected has also backed-up. It seems to have stopped trying to macerate. Is there a knack to unblocking or do I need a plumber?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Get your marigolds out…

They are dead simple inside; you just need to get the lid off and remove the blockage. Isolate it first, you don’t want your fingers going down the pipe.

Not a pleasant job, but not tricky.

rickmeister

Has anyone spotted the Mil is missing….

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Even though the water in the toilet is clean the internals of the macerator will not be.

My life is too short for trying to save a couple of quid messing about in sh1te.

I’m happy to have a go at most jobs and I ain’t really that squeamish… but the £70/80 for a macerator unblocking/”servicing” by a certified engineer type bloke…. is money well spent… and yes it may well be, undo some screws pull out offending item tighten screws back up

Where there’s muck there’s brass !!

Youtube has a couple of vids if you’re brave/stupid/really do need to save the £70

jon1973
    Free Member

Hmmm, doesn’t sound like a pleasant job. Presumably, if the toilet is backed up, you need to try and empty that first, otherwise when you take the lid off, the water pressure will make it flood the toilet? or doesn’t it work like that?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blocked macerators’ is closed to new replies.