Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Blocked Cycle path news…..
  • Kbrembo
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

Not quite – a protest about a route of a new bike-path in construction.

BoardinBob

Passes too close to homes? I’m assuming it doesn’t go across their own land? In that case they can FRO

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

English?

Drac

Drive around them and continue on the opposite side of the tents, the weather’s getting cold so they’ll get bored and wander off.

BoardinBob

F*ck Right Off

antigee

“All we’re asking them to do is to move it 20 yards further away.”

Forestry management in not prepared to compromise we know best mode shocker

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

BB i know what FRO stands for. Just wondered if the folk complaining are English.

TheBrick
    Free Member

^ To be fair the request of 20 yard diversion does not seem unreasonable, subject to there not being a cliff or similar at 19 yards.

project
    Free Member

they must be a militant branch of the lot at St Pauls church in london town.

or just call them gypsies and the full wrath of the local council and 16 million quid will be wasted on them to get them to move.

Finally its a cycle path, not a cyco path, perhaps somebody should point out the difference to the inbreds oop there.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just wondered if the folk complaining are English.

Is that so that if they are you can add it to a bank of examples of English are nimbies / busy bodies / whatever other point you wish to make?

druidh
    Free Member

If I’m correct (having passed the areas the path is in only recently), there’s very little room for moving the path at all. I’m guessing that the original line was chosen for a good reason (perhaps cost-saving) but it would good to get some more information before jumping to conclusions based on one very short and uninformative report on the BBC news website.

The path runs on the East side of the road from the end of Loch Chon almost to Stronlachlar, cuts the corner round the head of Loch Arklet and then turns West toward Inversnaid on the North side of the road – but up the hill a wee bit. I’m not sure what line it takes on the descent to the hotel. It looks like a pretty standard width/surfaced cycle path. I’m guessing the houses affected are at Garrison Farm (so called because it was built using the stones from an old “redcoat” fort.

I saw them building some of it when I was up there a few weeks back. I thought it was pretty ironic given the incredibly poor state of the existing road and the fact that it’s a wee dead-end anyway and I reckoned there must be little issue with traffic. However, the hotel is popular with bus trips so there’s probably a wee convoy of the things leaving each morning and returning around tea-time.

I only saw it in passing when I was doing a little “CX” tour of Ben Lomond. It did strike me as a bit strange, but it does link up with the cycle tracks round the South of Loch Chon/Loch Ard and, eventually, Aberfoyle. I can see that it might encourage more folk to do the Loch Katrine circuit, knowing that they didn’t have to cycle back on the road. As you suggest a link to Inversnaid also means a potential ferry crossing.

When I passed, it looked like a fine gravel surface, but as it was still being built (and taped off) maybe they will tarmac it – who knows.

I did a wee search when I got home but couldn’t find anything more about it. Nothing on the Sustrans site either.

Some more route options…http://www.lochlomond-trossachs.org/looking-after/new-loch-lomond-water-bus/menu-id-483.html

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Blocked Cycle path news…..’ is closed to new replies.