• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by aw.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • blizzard £1200?
  • aw
    Free Member

I ma looking at a Klein, blizzard and a Lava dome and I am not sure the prices being offered are good deals or not.

Lava Dome 2006 – front suspension forks – £600
    Rocky Mountain blizzard – nice build with front sus forks £1200
    Klein altitude with again front sus forks – no price yet ,wants me to make a reasonable offer?

apologies if you are one of the guys offering these bikes but I need to find out if these are reasonable deals.

Comments on these or other bikes as regards which one is best would help me also…

Thanks in advance…

Andy

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Blizzard if you can stretch to it. I’ve got one and it’s awesome

aw
    Free Member

but for a good spec is £1200 a reasonable price?

cynic-al
    Free Member

depends

aw
    Free Member

this is the spec of the blizzard…

Frame; 2006 17.5″ Rocky Mountain Blizzard (Reynolds 853 handbuilt disc specific frame with rack mounts for touring)

Seat Clamp: Salsa

Fork: 2005 Marzocchi MX Pro ETA 105mm (brand new old stock with owners manual)

Headset: Cane Creek S6

Bars: Race Face Air Alloy flat

Grips: Rocky Mountain

Shifters: Shimano XT

Brakes : Shimano XT M765 Hydraulic, 160mm rotors

Chainset: Race Face Prodigy

Bottom Bracket: Race Face Prodigy

Wheels: Shimano XT Disc Hubs on Mavic XC717 Disc Rims with double butted silver spokes (handbuilt)

Tyres: Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1

Tubes: Bontrager

Front Mech: Shimano XT

Rear Mech: Shimano XT

Cassette: SRAM990 11-34

Chain: SRAM

Seat: Specialized Alias 155mm (stitched version, brand new)

Stem: Race Face Prodigy

Pedals: Time Alium (with cleats, brand new)

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I had mine for sale earlier this year – better spec than that (Fox Float RLC forks) with a brand new, unridden frame) and for £1100 it didn’t sell. Prices fluctuate at different times of the year.

It’s not a rip off but not a bargain

aw
    Free Member

He is open to offers so may be I could do a deal 🙂

Are they really a £1000+ standard bike?

BearBack
    Free Member

I sold my almost mint Blizzard with the spec as linked.. IIRC I sold it for £900.

So, in comparison, I think the bike above is over priced relatively! – that or the very nice chap who bought mine got a very good deal on a very nice bike 😉

In hindsight, I wish I’d kept it

gingerflash

I think that Blizzard is overpriced.

I know the Blizzard is a very nice frame (if a little short in the toptube for many) but for comparison, a brand new 853 Genesis Altitude 30 with bolt-through Rebas, full XT and DT wheels can be had for £1370.

With that spec and at that age, and with a fairly cheap fork, I’d have thought the Blizzard is worth about £800, depending on condition.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Merlin were doing a Blizzard full build with XT and 2009 Rebas for £1100 not that long ago.

A 2006 one for the same money seems a bit optimistic.

gingerflash

Alf Jones Cycles has a Blizzard full bike for £1295 with race face and XT parts. Also a Vertex with Floats, SRAM X9, Bontrager and FSA bits, also for £1295. Obviously both are brand new.

Scottlacey
    Free Member

Hello Andy

You do realise work are getting ready to role out the cycle to work scheme again?

Scott

finners

Blizzard is over-priced…..

petefromearth

i misread the post at first – thought that the blizzard was new and at a good price! sounds a bit expensive to me

i have an 05 blizzard, almost identical spec although just upgraded to new XT stuff. i’d value his at £800 or less – its 3 years old so presumably has had a bit of use

it is a bloody nice frame though and i have been running it SS for the last few months (it is magic gearable)

i haven’t ever used a rack since the disc brake prevents you getting to the eyelet on the LH dropout – have been meaning to make a homemade bracket to space it out

aw
    Free Member

Thanks Scott- I did realise about the cycle to work but I may buy a new road bike as well 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘blizzard £1200?’ is closed to new replies.