Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blisters….
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Got a great one still hanging round on the side of my foot, all the advice is to leave and let it sort itself out but 10 days in when can you pop???

Cougar

There’s a risk of infection if you pop them. For my money, there’s a greater risk of being bloody annoying if you don’t. I’d burst it, just use a sterile needle and stick something antiseptic on.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sterile needle and thread. Pass the needle and thread through the blister leaving some of the thread exposed on either side and cut the attached side. The thread acts like a wick and the blister remains intact to prevent it getting infected. You’ll find it heals up much quicker and painless too.

sandwicheater

Quick prick with a pin (clean, nach), drain and leave. Never had a problem.

All the fun of having a blister is popping it. Not to do so is almost as bad as being a racist, sort of.

Kahurangi

If it’s gone hard an calloused then it’ll eventually come off or yo’ll end up with a nice hard lump that you can grate off.

If it’s still got a void underneath it’ll eventually just come off.

After 10 days I’d reckon the skin underneath is pretty much well formed so you’ve less risk of infection, so cut/pop away.

I’m not a doctor but I am happy so dish out medical advice on the internet.

nemesis
    Free Member

If it’s not causing a problem, leave it. If it is or if it’s likely to (eg one on your palm and you’re riding today) then drain it with a sterile pin. If it’s dried out (eg the skin is dead and new skin should already be formed under) then you might cut the dead skin off.

When the dead skin peels off, avoid it drying to stop it cracking – Norwegian hand cream is really good for this.

IANAD but I did used to row a lot and blisters were part and parcel of the sport and this method seemed to work well for most.

Cougar

If you’re getting blisters on your palms I’d suggest changing hands occasionally.

nemesis
    Free Member

I KNEW someone was going to post that. I didn’t expect it to be a Mod. Naughty Cougar 😉

You get them on your palm from rowing…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nah feet, boring needed some sandals on a hot day in Singapore, buy cheap walk in agaony

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blisters….’ is closed to new replies.