• This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Blindingly cheap XC frame
  • oldgit
    Free Member

For one hour races. Got million year old SIDs and XT to go on it.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

one of them brand x frames on crc??

Jase
    Free Member

Kona Kula s/h

Northwind

Some sort of Carrera or Boardman- the frames are perfectly decent and go for pennies used.

oldgit
    Free Member

Kona Kula s/h

Actually that’s what I’d really like. None about though.

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Second hand On-One ScandAL.

steve_b77
    Free Member

So long as you’re tall’ish or a hobbit THIS is a bargain

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2010 Dirty Jo Full-Creme (do not confuse with the cheaper, heavier, Semi-creme) for sale, 3 1/2LBs, 17″. I’m 5’11” and it is a little bit small for me (top tube too short really), otherwise it’s an excellent bike. I only bought it because it was cheap (RRP about £140 IIRC) but was surprised how much fun it was. Disc and V mounts.
    Only downside is there is one BB cup still in it as my big spanner has gone walkies and I need that to get it out. Pics here http://s891.photobucket.com/albums/ac113/andrewh8877/Items%20for%20sale/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ16
    £90 posted or £80 collected (South Lincs, or can deliver to Sheffield on Sat)

andy_howett at yahoo.co.uk
    [EDIT] The Semi-Creme is the same as the Handsome Dog above and, I think, a BrandX frame too. However, these don’t use the triple-butted tubes of the Full-Creme.

bullheart
    Free Member

My wife rides the Dirty J Full-Creme. It’s absolutely ace for the money and spot on for racing.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Second hand Giant XTC frame.Often go for pennies,and light too.

Candodavid
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

got a rock lobster b52 frame, same as a cove and a pha5e, but i forget which model in 17″ 1.6 kg iirc- old [2006 ish]and paint job not great but very cheap £50 + post for an easton tubed bike – e-mail in profile if any use?

tinman66
    Free Member

For me it would have to be the On-One Whippet. Saw one at Dalby and looked a really decent bike / frame.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOCWH/on_one_carbon_xc_whippet_frame

br
    Free Member

Karl – I’ve a s/h XTC 4.5 in my garage, all complete except for forks – what size frame do you need?

eip

mboy
    Free Member

The Dirty Jo Full Creme, or even the Semi Creme (same as Handsome Dog XC01) are blinding frames for the money, but if you can spend a bit more you can get even better… The Rock Lobster Team Tig SL for £169 at the mo is a ridiculous bargain for a very nice frame.

But for £299, you can currently get an On One Whippet!!! Has to be the best VFM XC frame out there by some margin right now…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Blindingly cheap XC frame’ is closed to new replies.