Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Blimey; Whatever next? Another cyclist assulted!
  • souldrummer
    Free Member

Just received an e-mail with this report in it and thought I’d post it for general awareness of those in the Guildford/Surrey Hills area:

A teenage cyclist was assaulted in broad daylight when he was riding along a country lane in Shere.

The incident happened on Combe Lane on Tuesday afternoon at 4.20pm when the 17-year-old was overtaken by a car which then stopped further along the rural road.

A man got out of the passenger side of a silver hatchback and approached the cyclist, shouting at him. The victim was hit on the forehead and fell to the ground where he was then further punched and kicked. The offender then used the chin strap of the cyclist’s helmet to drag the teenager along and leave him in the middle of the road.

The offender made off in the car in the direction of Shere.

As a result of the incident the victim suffered bruising to his body.

The suspect is described as a white man, aged between 20 and 21-years-old, 5ft 10” tall and of medium build. He was a skin head, was clean shaven and wore a baggy black top and trousers.

The vehicle is described as a silver hatch back, either a Vauxhall Astra or Corsa, which was in good condition and a couple of years old.

PC Nick Sharpe investigating said: “This was a diabolical unprovoked attack on a young man enjoying a ride though the Surrey Hills close to the Olympic route. I am urging anyone who may have seen a silver car matching this description in or around the area, or who has any information which could help officers locate the suspect, to call me as soon as possible. This type of extreme aggressive behaviour cannot be tolerated within our neighbourhoods and Surrey Police will do everything possible to bring the offender to justice.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Surrey Police on 101 quoting reference GD/13/7817. Alternatively the independent charity Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555 111

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Blimey; Whatever next? Another cyclist assulted!’ is closed to new replies.