Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • blimey, they roll fast!
  • slowrider
    Free Member

bit of a pre-emptive to the 'wot tire' question, but arent minions good?! i just swapped a single ply high roller to a bigger wtb in an attempt to stop pinching (tubeless). it didnt help any so i got a dual ply minion. it weighed 1100g, 400 more than the HR and 200 more than the wtb. i was dreading riding the thing on flat, uphill or smooth sections but its wicked! easily compensates for its extra weight with its acceleration and rolling speed. i hear they arent so amazing in the really wet stuff but i gave it a bit of stick in some muddy bits and it held up fine.

i reckon anyone who gets away with the single ply maxxis tyres would not regret trying these out.
    blatant plug over.

jimmy

I had 2.5 single ply minion and loved it. then it got nicked. and the donut at Halfords ordered dual ply replacements and I couldn't be bothered changing…

stevomcd
    Free Member

I've got a 2.5" DH Minion on the back. Awesome. Super-tacky HR up front, 60a Minion at the back. Best tyre combo I've ever used.

slowrider
    Free Member

mines the 2.35 60a on the back. are they any good as a front tire? what with them being a called a dh F and all?

njee20
    Free Member

Furious Freds roll well, 1100g Maxxis tyres don't.

IA

LOL, if you think a maxxis DH tyre rolls well, you've never ridden a tyre than rolls well.

If you like maxxis try some crossmarks. That's a fast tyre.

Minion DH Fs are good F+R. Most people just run the Fs.

slowrider
    Free Member

i know they wont rival a proper fast tread tyre but my experience of them has been terrible when things get rough. for a big, heavy, dual ply tire im impressed is all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘blimey, they roll fast!’ is closed to new replies.