Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blimey, that was easy. Setting up a Limited Company
  • dannybgoode

So as part of the new career path (temporary or otherwise) I have set myself up a Limited Company to aid with the freelance route I want to take.

5 mins online 9pm last night and £15 paid by PayPal and had my Certificate of Incorporation by email at 12pm today.

Far easier that I ever imagined and actually quite excited about working for the World’s best boss for once – Me!!

Moses

Who did you use for setting it up?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, ace, innit?
    I set out on my own last October, it’s a great feeling.

dannybgoode

@Moses – gov.uk wesbite. Assuming it’s a simple operation that will fit a pro-forma Articles of Memorandum etc can be done online on the spot.

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-company-online

Absolute doddle…

@ TTS – So far yes! I will defer a final answer until I have my LGV license and some money coming in but it sure as hell beats sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

garage-dweller

Don’t forget you now have to do all the other registrations – tax, vat, data protection (if needed) etc.

Have you taken advice on whether the structure works for you tax and liability wise?

Not wishing to do any chip piddling but there are lots of legal and tax implications of running through a limited company that ime many people have not had proper advice and guidance on. Worth doing now before you get to far.

Congratulations on braking free by the way…

allthepies
    Free Member

Good luck!

transporter13
    Free Member

Now get yourself vat registered..flat rate…under transport.
    35 hours cpc training….pretty sure tge theory and practical parts counts towards this anyway….but open to be corrected.
    Get yourself an accountant and a company bank account.

tinribz
    Free Member

You will start getting letters about tax returns etc now, is a lot easier with the on line systems though.

dannybgoode

Thanks guys

Appointment booked with an accountant on Wednesday to go through the mechanics.

No money coming in at the moment so not a great deal to lose if I need to restructure things but am somewhat aware of company structures etc because of the nature of the insurance I used to underwrite.

I am also aware of Rule 1 – do not, under any circumstances whether accidentally or deliberately, piss of HMRC 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blimey, that was easy. Setting up a Limited Company’ is closed to new replies.