Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • blimey – that was cold last night
  • MadBillMcMad

Did a ride from Hollingworth Lake last night & boy was that wind cold.

Not a night for hanging around looking at the stars.

vickypea
    Free Member

4 of us decided to MTFU last night and get out there, but it was bitterly cold in that wind and the mud was freezing onto our bikes. Not the night to fall off and stick your hand into an icy puddle!

Gary_M
    Free Member

-4 on the commute this morning, with bit of a headwind. Face feeling a touch wind burnt at the moment. Absolutely beautiful ride to work though. There can’t be a better way to go to work.

Vortexracing

2 of us had a quick run round Rivington,it was bitter

bbbrrrr !!!

neninja
    Free Member

Cut my ride short last night due to my own stupidity.

I’d got used to wearing my Summer gloves over the last week so put them on. Couldn’t feel my fingers after about 10 minutes.

Then realised I’d not put my clear glasses on and my eyes were streaming with the cold and getting hit with gritty spray (not too clever when you wear contacts).

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

we were out over holcombe, pretty cold, never know if its a good idea to warm your arse by the pub fire and then have to ride home after, seemed a good idea during the the arse warming stage of the proceedings !!!!!!!!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I made a schoolboy error on the commute on Monday by not putting on a base layer and not wearing my warmest gloves. I was so cold I was almost crying, hands and feet were completely numb. And that was a balmy -2.

Its amazing the difference a base layer and decent gloves make to a ride, I was toasty this morning!

tomaso
    Free Member

A chilly ride around Iron Keld, Tarn Hows, Tilberthwaite and Hodge Close was followed by some rather expensive beer in the Drunken Duck. But it was rather lovely compared to last weeks slush puppy rainfest.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘blimey – that was cold last night’ is closed to new replies.